R2R Fan

Tagline
Retired
As a guest, I've seen a few screen names that are familiar so I thought I'd register. I've been an audio fan, especially R2R, Pioneer & Sony gear for many years. Its always interesting to read what other members use for their listening pleasure.

Ron

Rat44

Journeyman
Welcome aboard.:wave:
There are quite a few familiar names here.
I am enjoying the 707,just got it wired in .

Dennis

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Welcome to Splinter Island, Ron. (You'll get the meaning, later.) Ron has a lot of great silver-series gear, including Pioneer Spec equipment. He and I always appreciate heavy gear. We both began downsizing our collection at about the same time.

Tagline
Retired
Welcome to Splinter Island, Ron. (You'll get the meaning, later.) Ron has a lot of great silver-series gear, including Pioneer Spec equipment. He and I always appreciate heavy gear. We both began downsizing our collection at about the same time.
Hi Nando, Thank you for the welcome. I heard what happened this morning via email. Astonished to hear this. I'm still working on my downsizing but having a problem deciding what I get rid of. Just to attached I guess. I recently sent a complete system to my daughter in Phoenix. She has a small system, but she was determined to upgrade. She will enjoy it.

Looking forward to reading your contributions and seeing some of those great photos you always share........ Ron

Elite-ist

Staff member
Great gesture, Ron, in setting up your daughter with a starter system. I bet that starter system would make the men envious. Yup, I will continue snapping pictures and posting them. I have a newly acquired Pioneer SX-1980 receiver that I purchased with the proceeds from my consignment sales at Innovative Audio. There's a craze going on up here with vintage stereo equipment. A Pioneer SX-1280 just sold at IA for $1350. And I thought I did well selling my SX-1050 for $800.

Tagline
Retired
Great gesture, Ron, in setting up your daughter with a starter system. I bet that starter system would make the men envious. Yup, I will continue snapping pictures and posting them. I have a newly acquired Pioneer SX-1980 receiver that I purchased with the proceeds from my consignment sales at Innovative Audio. There's a craze going on up here with vintage stereo equipment. A Pioneer SX-1280 just sold at IA for $1350. And I thought I did well selling my SX-1050 for $800.
The 1980 is a "DreamMachine" for most collectors. I've considered buying one a couple of times but the price was way beyond what I could afford. Hope you get years of use from it. I'm sure my daughter will be happy. I sent her five spices of spec gear, plus cables, manuals & instructions on how to hook everything up. Pioneer SX receivers have always been popular and nice one's demand a lot of money. My 1080 was very expensive to rebuild and I don't think I could ever get the price out of it to cover the repair cost. Send me a pm and let me know what happened at TH's. Ron..............

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Hi guys. Glad to find where you will be posting now since some of the stories are not to be believed, like those prices at IA but Nando did confirm them to me a while ago.

Hope this turns into a place we can all enjoy.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Five pieces of Pioneer Spec gear - which ones, Ron? I've passed a few components down to two of my sons, and the step-daughter, but not quite on that scale. I will do a feature article on the Pioneer SX-1980 I bought. It has been upgraded, and Gordon has a few pictures taken during the rebuild. Oddly enough, three SX-1980s came into IA within a one-month period. I put a hold on the first one that came through the door. The second one, that arrived, is in pieces, and is awaiting a rebuild. The third one sold immediately, without a rebuild, for $2700. As for the banning, no need for a PM, as it's well known in a new thread started here, of the primary reason we were ousted: for being a member here.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof

SAY IT ISN'T SO NANDO!!!!!!!!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Welcome Ron. Did someone say "Spec"? Nando said I'm shameless in plugging the rack, he's right, never pass up an opportunity...

As it appeared 2 minutes ago.

Attachments

Elite-ist

Staff member
Looks great, Lee! Ron can fill you in on the details, but I glummed onto him as soon as I found out what he had. He has quite an impressive collection of foundation-bruising Spec gear.

Nando.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I have many choices for Pioneer gear and I tend to like most of them.I've taken a fancy to ROSEWOOD panels lately, even demi-panels...

The 5.1 version of the Elite VSX-52 is one I'd love to have in possession, as long as it has a phono stage I'm hip.