Question: Teac 2340R

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Hi Guys,

Does the TEAC 2340R have the multi-tracking simul-sync capability? I have searched around the internet but have not been able to find an answer. There is a cheap one that popped up here and I have a few old tapes I would like to transfer. I know that one does not need the sync capability to do that but it would be a nice to have, just because.....

Thanks,
Robert

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Hi Larry,

Thanks for looking, for some reason not much info on this deck. After much searching I found a few random posts from years back which I pieced together to answer my own question.

From what I can tell the 'R' version of this machine has auto reverse but does not have the Teac simul-sync feature. It has what I believe to be called simul-track which basically means it can record on the four tracks at one time. Well, of course if you did that the auto reverse would be of no use. This machine looks to be aimed at the stereo guy rather than a multi-track type application.

Good thing I found this out before taking a drive to the other side of the world (umm city) to check it out. The search continues for now.

Robert

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
I would prefer to find a 4 track with the sync feature to do multi-track. A good one will likely pop up one of these days as the metro area is fairly large. I have found a couple over the past several months but someone else got the good deal. Working for a living sucks when it comes to deal shopping!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
rtp_burnsville said:
I would prefer to find a 4 track with the sync feature to do multi-track. A good one will likely pop up one of these days as the metro area is fairly large. I have found a couple over the past several months but someone else got the good deal. Working for a living sucks when it comes to deal shopping!

need friends in low and HIGH places.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
My base A-2340 still sits awaiting assembly someday.

I should call it JC because it was a parts unit and the parts came in "one piece at a time".

Still, it's almost "local" (seller in WA state, bought from Fred's Sound Of Music in Portland, OR--still in business last time I looked),

Another eBay seller was a huge help and sent me about all I think I needed extra on a 15 dollar sale. I got a pinch roller in a packet of spares from another aeller.

I haven't a CLUE about putting it together and I've been running that up a flagpole for at least a year or two.

All I can say is look everywhere, pawnshops, local classifieds, local auctions. everywhere.

And YES, mine does!

I think that is what the "S" in RS is for and I have the manual for it in PDF.