P'zioneer RT-70S'zeven

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Light at the end of the tunnel!

Good on you Orange. I love to see stuff like this.

It won’t replace “Dad’s” but it will make it easier. You have my respect.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
It will be a little while, given the strange state of things these daze. But I promised him and he shall get it.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Well it seems like a good deal until you look at the deck that he supplied. Apparently this was kept in a tractor barn or some such place. I have so far wire brushed the bottom cover as it was rusty and corroded and then painted it yesterday. The deck has had a recap and it has been noted that the brakes are not the problem but all that dirt was and then the Pinch Roller linkage was getting sticky- that is also done now as some face polishing and cleaning the buttons- it amazes me that people know the deck is horribly dirty and they go to the extent of cleaning the face plate except around the buttons. What do they think that I am not going to see this and know that the rest of the deck was not at least in this kind of condition? If you are going to store something like this put it in a plastic bag and not in some old damp basement. Nor the Tractor Barn- do you realize the hours that go into cleaning this deck out of all that dirt? At least the heads are very little wear.

Attachments

Last edited:

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
How is Orange doing these days? I suspect that he was not in the best of health when I talked to him last.
I talked to him yesterday and today. He sounded “medicated” today... or just really tired. I sent him some money western union to cover the shipping of the unit he sent to you. He’s still on dialissis, I don’t know the man so it’s hard to say but he sounded a little down in the dumps, tired of the hospital visits. I thanked him profusely for sending the deck and sent him a little extra than he asked for. Hope he hangs in there.

Pops sent me this today... that would be me listening to the 707 that was stolen.

Attachments

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
I talked to him yesterday and today. He sounded “medicated” today... or just really tired. I sent him some money western union to cover the shipping of the unit he sent to you. He’s still on dialissis, I don’t know the man so it’s hard to say but he sounded a little down in the dumps, tired of the hospital visits. I thanked him profusely for sending the deck and sent him a little extra than he asked for. Hope he hangs in there.

Pops sent me this today... that would be me listening to the 707 that was stolen.
Great picture of those good old days.
Being on Dialysis is not a good sign and often limits what time you have left as the Kidneys are now depleted or not at all working. You wonder hpow a young person like Steven got into this condition but maybe poor diet and being over weight might not have helped. I did not always eat so healthy back in the olden days but I am paying for it now- seems like when you hit 63 things seem to go south. There are holistic items you can get into that can help you recover but most of us do not know what they are. This is the society we are living in today where money is the only concern.
I will get back on the Pioneer as there should not be that much more wrong with it.

Sam,

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Hey Sam Merry Christmas and just wondering how the 707 is coming along? Let me know if you need any money towards it and also no rush, just thought I’d check in.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
MERRY FUCKIN’ CHRISTMAS! ITS GONNA BE THE HAP-HAP-HAPPIEST CHRISTMAS SINCE BING CROSBY TAP DANCED WITH DANNY FUCKIN’ KAY!!!