Power Supply??

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I'm loyal to a fault Joe......but yeah, I'm getting the Win 7 ready. The only reason I tried the XP again is so I could finish my JIB's I fell behind on while fishing...
I am liking most of what Win10 has to offer. Not in love with the Windows Explorer on Win10 but I am sure there is a workaround I have just not found yet.

I like the Edge browser. Not at first but they have fixed what I did not like.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Yep, 8G I believe. Was talking about the mem on your xp machine.. unless it's the new one that has this problem???

Looks to be 12800 DDR3...

Umm, is that the OLD machine? 12800 DDR3 is 1600Mhz and pretty spacy for a really old XP computer. What IS this computer?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I am liking most of what Win10 has to offer. Not in love with the Windows Explorer on Win10 but I am sure there is a workaround I have just not found yet.

I like the Edge browser. Not at first but they have fixed what I did not like.
I'll get up to speed on 7 first...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Well.......I had the XP back to running since the day I said I was changing over....it fired up one more time, and since that day I had not shut it off.......well, I restarted it a few times when Outlook express froze on me....BUT, I did a complete turnoff when I went to Phoenix, and she's a no go from then on, bet I tried a hundred times to start it. So, last weekend I started switching over to the Win7 machine Jer built for me. I can access the backup drive just fine, have problems finding stuff on it....wasn't very organized in my backup but everything seems to be there. I gotta say the 7 machine is a LOT faster. Yeah, yeah I know....

Only problem hads been a compatibility issue with the Epson Workforce 520 printer....it works, but I get some FUNKY layouts sometimes...

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Well.......I had the XP back to running since the day I said I was changing over....it fired up one more time, and since that day I had not shut it off.......well, I restarted it a few times when Outlook express froze on me....BUT, I did a complete turnoff when I went to Phoenix, and she's a no go from then on, bet I tried a hundred times to start it. So, last weekend I started switching over to the Win7 machine Jer built for me. I can access the backup drive just fine, have problems finding stuff on it....wasn't very organized in my backup but everything seems to be there. I gotta say the 7 machine is a LOT faster. Yeah, yeah I know....

Only problem hads been a compatibility issue with the Epson Workforce 520 printer....it works, but I get some FUNKY layouts sometimes...
You may need to update your drivers for Win7.

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-520/s/SPT_C11CA78241