Post up them TT pics

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Like you haven't seen them before, here is my Fairchild 412-1b with SME 3009 Improved with a Pickering XSV-3000

Thorens TD-160 also sporting a Pickering

Jim

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Me either, Jim you have the Thorens Record clamp, me jealous.....That is so cool :cheers:

I have that same arm, it's a thing of beauty to see, touch, feel, use and listen to :D

I was in high school in 1977, saw an ad for McIntosh gear in the paper, I tucked my life savings in my pocket, jumped in the car (Maverick :roll: ) and drove off with visions of big blue meters in my head :mrgreen: ! Alas, it wasn't meant to be, he wanted more than I had :evil:

I spyed the Thorens TD 125 Mk II with the SME improved on the couch as I was leaving, "HOw much for the turntable"? I asked, "Son, that's not a toy" he gruffly replied.
"I'm quite well aware of that, sir, it's just about the finest TT on the planet, how much"?
I pulled out my wad, all $225 I had in my life, hands shaking, "is this enough"?
"That'll be just fine, young man, take good care of her, she's special" he smiled.
I have taken very good care of her, she's the only TT I've ever owned, 5 states, umpteen house moves, systems, cars and lovers, she just keeps that grin on my face :mrgreen:

Attachments

DolbySProject

New Around These Parts
Well, here it is again... Technics SL-M3

Regardless of sight and sound (and the coolness factor), it's really not my favorite of the bunch. Maybe it's time to trade it for another PR99; keep the 1200's and get a sweet arm for the 150Mk2.

stuwee

Wow, Biffster, that is a wicked looking rig, Dale is drooling, he has a cheapo Pioneer Ttracker he bought at the whatsit? Navy shop in England in 1980, he's spent $$hundreds keeping it going, :violent1: I know,sentimental value he says, thou with the Grado Gold from JB, it does sound mighty nice for a piece of shit that it is :toothy9:

It has all these sensor things for the arm that go blinky, I think the last guy, said "don't ever bring that thing in my shop again" :snorting:

The arm on your Technics looks like a Rabco with lot's of electric servo goodies :evil2:

Attachments

DolbySProject

New Around These Parts
I like the Pioneer tonearm setup far better than the Technics (despite the titanium nitride arm wand); as I'll take standard mount and a headshell over T4P, anyday. I've often thought about modifying the SL-M3 by yanking the arm assembly, saving only the necessary electronics (since the motor is still killer) and slapping on arm-o-the-day. Essentially, totally ruining the turntable! LOL!!! Heck, maybe I could just get a 12" arm on a pedestal...

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
How about a Fairchild Lathe

Complete with virgin vinyl

And, there is a Fairchild 755 with an SME arm on the auction site.

Jim

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I picked up this gem a few days ago at Pearls. It's the same place I recently donated half a basement full of items when we underwent a decluttering on Saturday.

It's a portable stereo and will run on batteries, of course. It's a JVC DC-7 and has a pair of 2-way speakers, AM/FM/SW tuner, cassette, and a linear tracking turntable which accepts 12" LPs.

At first, I couldn't find the matching pair of speakers for the unit, but a little perseverance and I discovered them in a lower shelf around the clothing racks. A little cleanup of the exterior and swabbing of the cassette heads and a demagnetization was done. Even the stylus on the cartridge is OK. Doesn't sound too bad at all.

Nando.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Well Lee is going to take possession of the red MH TT. So that leaves me with a black one and the Micro. One day when I grow up I'll get a TT like Graham has. Yea Right. LOL

Larry

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
stuwee said:
speakerman1 said:
Really it is Ferrari Red. LOL
Larry
Cool-0-Mundo, even better, I'll get one for the 'NASCAR shrine room', slap some #14 stickers on it :cheers: :cheers:

Or maybe Kimi would like his # on it??

Stuwee you to can own one. I'll even have it dropped shipped to your house. LOL

Larry

stuwee

speakerman1 said:
stuwee said:
speakerman1 said:
Really it is Ferrari Red. LOL
Larry
Cool-0-Mundo, even better, I'll get one for the 'NASCAR shrine room', slap some #14 stickers on it :cheers: :cheers:

Or maybe Kimi would like his # on it??

Stuwee you to can own one. I'll even have it dropped shipped to your house. LOL

Larry
Tease!!!! Nando, that JVC rig is too kewl :cool: , Geri gonna let you keep it out? Would make a great set-up for patio BBQs, impress your buds, thanks for dragging up this thread, lot's of great stuff :D

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Geri listened to it today, and said the same thing as you, "It would be nice to have on the back deck while barbecuing."

I got it for less than a 12 pack of Guiness Pub Draught, or $20.

Nando.