POLK AUDIO R10 Two-Way Mini-Monitor

Tagline
---

well, i stumbled upon these mini-monitors at my local GW just yesterday for $20.00.

i nearly passed them by, but noticing the make, and knowing something of the reputation they have, i decided to at least have a close look.

i was immediately impressed by the weight, for the size, and the build quality, which definitely felt upper scale.

i do not care for tiny speakers, and i prefer to stick tightly beside the familiar classic Japanese brands,
but these POLKs felt like a rare steal of a deal that i'd be a fool to pass up.

well, i'm certainly glad i didn't.

it is unreal; these tiny boxes cast a HUGE stage for their size, and, more importantly,

they bloom with dimension and detail that every previous speaker pair i've ever used only seems to hint at, by direct comparison.

Detail!! well-rounded details that got at least semi-obscured in the muddle of the soundscape in previous speaker systems

are clearly, precisely delineated with these decidedly Mighty Midgets.

in sum. i've never heard ANY of my favorite music blossom the way that they do with these POLK R10s.

as much as it irks me on a superficial level to break up the all-PIONEER audio chain i've maintained for over a decade now,

i am QUITE SOLD on these diminutive POLKs.

indeed, perhaps pursuing a pair of full size POLKs of similar design may prove the single greatest system upgrade i'll ever likely be able to afford to make...

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Another Polk Audio lover here as well. Nice, made in the USA. at least all of mine are. Nice score. NOW, if you can only find some SDA-SRS's !

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I love my Monitor 4s!

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I can see why, famous Polk MW with rubber surround, solid thick old school cabs, peerless tweeter. Nice.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
That may well be so. All of mine had XYZ amount of polyfill in them from the factory but I have never tried packing the whole speaker. I always left the stock amount. Food for thought. The Monitor series and the SDAs have passive radiators so....??