Polk Audio mystery speakers

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I got these at the thrift store a year or so ago. Haven’t tried them yet but I see no reason they won’t work.

But, I have no idea what model they are!

I have searched a few times and I can find similar size box and similar size drivers but none with the bottom located “dual exhaust” these have.

Any Polk pros care to help?

36E084C6-BEF4-492C-B5DF-7D4F51BA21D1.jpeg

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Those look larger.

Mine have a wall mount bracket on the back. Reasonably deep cabinet too. I’m going to get some speaker cable and try them with the Pioneer receiver. I think they’ll be a good match, if not a bit Bloated on the bottom with two ports…

Anyone have a good pink noise generator AP and an analysis AP? I’d like to try and tweak the tone for the small office, using the tone controls…

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Note these have the “Dynamic balance” tweeters as well. I think they’re somewhat modern… not any particularly collectible speaker.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I think tonight I’m going to store/trash a bunch of stuff in my office. There’s crap books and binders from when I was in sales and working out of the house, that I don’t need any longer. Certainly don’t need handy at least.

Then I’ll get my entire LP collection up here so I can find stuff easier than digging through boxes…

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Yeah! Those are they!

I paid nine bucks (plus tax) for mine. I think they’re worth that.