PL400 White Oak LED board

Billboard

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I have a WO 700B that is in my main system, that went down because of a bad power switch, while it was on the bench I had my PL400 S1 in my main system.

I had ordered a 400 LED board from Joe a while back, never got around to installing it, well I fixed the 700B, and got the 400 on the bench for the LED board install. Couple of questions.

I purchased the LED board assembled, and it came with two loose resistors, seems to work fine, I assume I could swap out some resistors if I had different meters?

Also what is the order of the install hardware? I found this to provide decent light: Meter, nut, nylon spacer, led board, and then nut. I tried two nylon spacers, but that made for some weird shadows on the meter face.

Now the 400 is back to basement duty, someday I may bi-amp, but already pretty happy with the 700B solo.

here is the old LED board (someone, not me, converted to LED in the past) and amp with new board installed

pl400 old led board.jpg

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I have a WO 700B that is in my main system, that went down because of a bad power switch, while it was on the bench I had my PL400 S1 in my main system.

I had ordered a 400 LED board from Joe a while back, never got around to installing it, well I fixed the 700B, and got the 400 on the bench for the LED board install. Couple of questions.

I purchased the LED board assembled, and it came with two loose resistors, seems to work fine, I assume I could swap out some resistors if I had different meters?

Also what is the order of the install hardware? I found this to provide decent light: Meter, nut, nylon spacer, led board, and then nut. I tried two nylon spacers, but that made for some weird shadows on the meter face.

Now the 400 is back to basement duty, someday I may bi-amp, but already pretty happy with the 700B solo.

here is the old LED board (someone, not me, converted to LED in the past) and amp with new board installed

View attachment 33536
See attached. This was in email but may have gone to your spam folder.

Attachments

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Yeah that happens frequently. Now you know what those mystery resistors are for. :)