Pl400 noise come up

Tagline
---
I try push hard PL400 this afternoon for about 45 minutes with a 2 cooler fan on the back 8 fin flow to cool down . Suddenly it is make a noise and i can see a meter needle is on middle . I just disconnect speaker cable out and then turn off power amp. Let amp cool down and then i turn it on. It's give a sound normal. Did anyone in here have a smae issue ? I drive amp with a BIC VENTURI dv5312 250rms .

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Sometimes in heavy bass sections when driven really hard, the 400s will make a occasional squeak. I think the heat protection is triggered or maybe the DCP? Lee, Joe or Jer would know better the phenomena

I would not mess with the speaker cable out while the amp is on, that's asking for trouble

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
What is a Bic Venturi?? Are you saying all you are driving the 400 with is 250mv???

Tagline
---
Exactly this monsters. Man i try to push harder and noise come up . I am try a different pl400 series 2 with meter not working on left channel. It's a huge power for to to push hard monster bic dv5312 . My neighbors is came over and said too noise . Hahahahah