PL400 Assembly Process Slide Show

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Hopefully this will be helpful to WOPL builders. This is a build conducted with all new materials except the transformer, meters, faceplate and 8 fin heatsinks which have been reused.

This PL400 Backplane build utilizes NTE192 bias transistors, not the usual 2N5088 transistors we all use. This build type is a qualification build of that bias transistor type as a contingency should we run out in the future (I have a lifetime supply of 2N5088 transistors :))

PL400 Complete Rebuild Slide Show

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Hopefully this will be helpful to WOPL builders. This is a build conducted with all new materials except the transformer, meters, faceplate and 8 fin heatsinks which have been reused.

This PL400 Backplane build utilizes NTE192 bias transistors, not the usual 2N5088 transistors we all use. This build type is a qualification build of that bias transistor type as a contingency should we run out in the future (I have a lifetime supply of 2N5088 transistors :))

I have a few too Joe....along with 42's 651's, 751's....a lot of those...

MusicSteve

Journeyman
Tagline
Always Thinking Outside The Box.
looks good Joe
I like that bridge Rectifier board. it really cleans it up ;) so much easier to install to.
I'm also doing something similar to the RCA inputs , still going to solder the nuts in and I have a wire that under the nuts and is lifted it up between the 2 so I can easily solder the wires. I'm done w that puddle of cold solder (have plans for the other puddles on the bus bar to)

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator

Joe,
Love the frog!
Is the Bridge Rectifier Snubber Board something new?
It really cleans things up. I have drilled extra holes in the prongs on my 700b builds.
Really nicely done!

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Joe,
Love the frog!
Is the Bridge Rectifier Snubber Board something new?
It really cleans things up. I have drilled extra holes in the prongs on my 700b builds.
Really nicely done!
I heard you and others say that so I invented this to solve for that and to clean up that area. Glad you like it. One of our standard offerings now