PL 700B recently posted and already over $1,400.00!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Somebody is helping the seller....look at the bid history...,in my humble opinion anyway...

88Z52

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Worlds foremost vinyl hater.
I have actually been watching EBAY and other audio sites for a while now and any 700B that was half way decent sold for at least a grand.
Maybe I should try to find a GAS Ampzilla instead. Anyone remember those? :iconbiggrin:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I have actually been watching EBAY and other audio sites for a while now and any 700B that was half way decent sold for at least a grand.
Maybe I should try to find a GAS Ampzilla instead. Anyone remember those? :iconbiggrin:

Ya can't White Oak an Ampzilla.....

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I see he references White Oak Audio as a place for upgrades to said amps...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Well, the word deserves to get around, absolutely phenomenal amps when done....

88Z52

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Two 700 B amps and a PL 4000 preamp for only $1,600. :shaking: The amps do look almost new tho...

https://columbus.craigslist.org/ele/5077301904.html
HMMMMMMMMMMMM. Damn that is pretty!
The 700B on EBAY from my first post sold today for $1425.00 + $96.00 in shipping. If I could sell one for $1425.00 that would almost cover it. :iconbiggrin:
What I want to know is who in hell needed TWO of those??

Does White Oak have any upgrades for the pre amp?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
No upgrades for the 4000....and don't hold your breath...

Phase Linear Phanatic has a 4-700B stack, and he uses all 4 of them....he has quite a speaker collection...

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I've seen that before - you'd think the legit bidders would notice the same bidder submitting multiple consecutive bids.
I used to do that to frustrate people, it's not necessarily a shill, it's like porcupine quills.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I borrowed Doug's (fitz43) GAS Ampzilla. A very nice amp and my favourite in that power range. There is a recommended service centre that does specialized work for this model.

Nando.

NavLinear

HMMMMMMMMMMMM. Damn that is pretty!
The 700B on EBAY from my first post sold today for $1425.00 + $96.00 in shipping. If I could sell one for $1425.00 that would almost cover it. :iconbiggrin:
What I want to know is who in hell needed TWO of those??

Does White Oak have any upgrades for the pre amp?
Crazy prices for these guys. The 4000 could bring you a couple hundred or so if all goes well reselling it on Eprey. Some of the issues with the 4000 is mother board flexing if a board is pulled and reinstalled as the mother board support is minimal. The connectors on the boards and the mother board can be problematic - minimal contact surface and the contacts are not gold plated. In addition to the above - there an ass ton of electrolytic capacitors used. Of course Bob Carver implemented many of his designs in one preamp so...

Reselling one of the 700 B amps on Eprey - who knows how much they will go for.

88Z52

New Around These Parts
Tagline
I've seen that before - you'd think the legit bidders would notice the same bidder submitting multiple consecutive bids.
I have never used EBAY but a friend of mine has been into it for years. He says there is a program (or something) that will automatically out bid the highest bid for you up to the maximum amount you set. I think he called it a "sniper".