PL 700B Faceplate

TMZ2

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
I'm looking to see if anyone has ever disassembled the lens out of the PL 700B faceplate and if so if they could post some pictures of the front and back of the face plate with the Center lens out. Thanks Tony

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
The lens is just glued/taped on Tony. If you need any other info, I have several here that are Lee's

TMZ2

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Do you have any there with the lens removed that you can take a picture of the front and back ? Just wondering if there's any machine work in the front or back of the plate to recess that centerpiece in. Thanks

Northwinds

Tagline
He has a couple flamers/beaters here, I will take some images for you Tony

Northwinds

Tagline
Looks like the middle area where the plastic and blue backing is recessed slightly so the plastic will sit level with the faceplate without sticking out. Ignore the little hole above, it's not factory. Handley drilled it to put a light there

Last edited:

Northwinds

Tagline
The meter bezels overlap that area to hold the plastic piece in also. The plastic is as big as the metal piece you see but the backlight only goes through the small opening you see on the back

TMZ2

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Thanks so much for doing that for me. Now time to do a little studying and see what I can come up with. I'll come up with something later today and see what you guys think.

Northwinds

Tagline
Looks like a 1/16th of an inch recess Tony (or thereabouts). If you need any measurements, drop me a PM

Here is the width for now

Last edited:

Northwinds

Tagline
It's one of the original Aerosmith tour amps, it had a rough life with Steven Tyler screaming through it

gadget73

Journeyman
Tagline
---
If you ever happen to need measurements or pics of a Pro 700 faceplate, let me know. They are slightly different than the other 700 series faceplates. May not be much of a demand for them though, I think I own the only one on the site here.

TMZ2

Journeyman
Tagline
---
If you ever happen to need measurements or pics of a Pro 700 faceplate, let me know. They are slightly different than the other 700 series faceplates. May not be much of a demand for them though, I think I own the only one on the site here.
I will keep that in mind thanks so much for the offer.

TMZ2

Journeyman
Tagline
---
AI should've posted one of these along time ago made a first run and they were all gone made a second run and here's a quick picture just sent this on the unit real quick haven't had a chance to really put everything together and lighted up. Will post some better pictures later on when I get a chance to actually get it all together.

Last edited:

TMZ2

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I can't answer the question about the meters I'm more of a Marantz guy but do like the look and the sound of the phase linear maybe one of the other guys can chime in and help out there.
Here's another pic.

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Now which 700Bs have the meter range 0 20db and which ones are 20 0?
Doug, Ed and I discussed that awhile ago. I don't remember if there was a hard and fast rule to determine which it would be. And there is both silkscreen versions out there. I believe there was some discussion on whether the meter range switch could be reversed to conform to a different plate....and I can't remember the conclusion of that discussion. I'll call Ed tonight and check that.

yeliab1

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Too much is just about right
Black face plates

Who is supplying these face plates? I'd sure like one for my B.
Thanks

I can't answer the question about the meters I'm more of a Marantz guy but do like the look and the sound of the phase linear maybe one of the other guys can chime in and help out there.
Here's another pic.