PL 36 Series ii 400/700 original replica replacement boards for sale !

Greg

Journeyman
Hello All Phase Linear peoples !

So Finally got some PL36 ( 81701 ) Series ii 400/700 Boards made and are available here first before I post On Ebay I had 10 made and have now 8 Left over to sell Here for those that are interested you have all helped me with my questions and this is a great Forum !
The Idea of the board is to assist those that want to try and keep original as possible and to help those that have burnt boards etc etc
Please have a close look at the layout. You will note slight changes to accommodate a ( amp terminal board set up Included ) ( you just snip off the Terminal solder posts as required to mate to circuit board or you can just hard wire the old way as well.
This is a project board intended to replicate the original boards you will have to order your own components and turrents as needed

I am asking $ 150 USD here Plus Shipping PL36 Series ii cct Board as show Plus 4 x Amp board mount terminals

I will post whatever is left over on Ebay for $ 175.00

Its all for fun enjoy please feel free to comment !

Attachments

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Greg,
I appreciate the work you did to create and market these boards. And it might be fun to go on a scavenger hunt for all the parts you need to populate the board. I would not recommend reusing the parts from the original PL36 board because they are 30-40 years old and likely the values have drifted. Additionally, the new components available at sources such as Mouser, Digi-Key, and others are better quality and much closer in tolerance compared to what Phase Linear had available to them in the 1970s and 1980s.
The other issue is that you have a competing product with the Rev G Dual Mono Control Board Kit offered by White Oak Audio for $160.00 and it comes with all the components that you need, including a schematic and instructions to build it.

Greg

Journeyman
Oh yes For Sure ! I did this for fun I had ten made have 8 left to sell once they are gone they are gone its not about a competitive business arrangement the boards are meant for nostalgia and match the original boards for those that like the idea of the original concept Plus its great to see people manage their own builds as they see fit and yes improve the components yet keep the original process in mind !

Greg

Journeyman
So finally have some time to myself and feeling better and was going to try and do a Build of the Blank PL36 boards I had made to try a replicate the original PL36 boards with the somewhat more available components if any one is interested to assist That would be great Ill post the components I have so far and any opinions and guidance are appreciated thanks All !