Pioneer U-24 Program Selector

Rick

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Rick, theman1
The first few years of this century I got a bit carried away with acquiring a lot of vintage audio gear. Some of it has been pictured on my site for several years...
http://www.stereomanuals.com/about/cool-pictures/

... while most of the overall acquisitions were not setup, photoed, etc.

At the time I was basically thinking I would put 3-4 systems around various parts of the house and garage, plus provide vintage systems for my 4 kids who were or soon would be coming to an age where they might appreciate a nice vintage sound system. Well over the years that followed, lots of things changed and much of the original plans have gone by the wayside. Several of the components have been in regular or occasional use, but much of what I acquired has set on shelves.

In recent years I have thought that I would get my act together and see about selling of a good bit of what I had on eBay along with getting started there again with the vintage manuals business. But every time I look at eBay with the thought of starting to list things, I about puke at all the bullshit rules, limitations, fees, and their extreme bias "against" sellers so that even total scumbags buyers can have a "good experience" while ripping off honest sellers. Working on eBay used to be a fun thing to do and I got acquainted with lots of nice folks and have had lasting relationships with many of them. So far I haven't been able to force myself to take the plunge back into listing on eBay as it seems to be a total shithole for many small sellers.

But... I would like to begin doing "something" to begin the process of divesting some gear. So I thought I would ask on the most friendly forum I know and ask if anybody here would be interested in my Series 20 Pioneer U-24 Program Selector. It's mostly in pristine condition as far as I know. I would need to check it out for certain, clean it up a bit if necessary. Printed reproduction User Manual and Service Manual (with color covers) would also be included as would free shipping to USA address. I'm thinking $500.00 would be a fair price.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
You know Nando's quote in Lee's signature... :p

I have never aspired to having that much bread since c.1973 when my Dad's boss had me clean the gas station restrooms for his Christmas bonus :toothy5: (I got an electric train set!)

But on the other hand, should you lose all track of earthly bounds and decide to sell a CT-F950 or 1250 at Crazy Eddie's prices, give a holler, that's about what I have left in my quest for silver decks until my eventual obsession with an early RT becomes malignant.

Now, somebody grab that before Nando has two!

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
I'll help him out with a net assist but yeah, what does his look like?

FOUR TAPE MONITORS! That would about kill the need to do brain salad surgery figuring my connections.

Better than a DBX 200 or 400. it's like they KNEW you would be hopelessly addicted to their stuff BWAHAHAHA HEE HEE. :tongue3:

Last edited:

Rick

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Rick, theman1
Nah... no pics. They pretty much all look alike don't they? I just decided to throw it out there and see if there might be any interest. I would of course be more than happy to provide detailed pics to anybody if they are interested.

What are you doing on here wasting time? You should be busy following my instructions about that sticking and squeezing thing I was telling you about.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I let the doctor in Casper do that today..with one of those big q-tips. It wasnt bad until he went deep enough you couldn't see the cotton anymore...but...it's cleaned out now...

Plus...you're about 200.00 too high....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
How long ago? Recently?? And if so then I don't have a clue what I'm talkin about!!

Rick

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Rick, theman1
How long ago? Recently?? And if so then I don't have a clue what I'm talkin about!!
Yes. Recently. Everyone knows demand and prices varies somewhat over time. There are always some exceptions, but basically "most" U-24's sold over recent years have been $400+ with most much higher.

orange

Tagline
I know I can't make that much of a payment in a MONTH...I was offered a CT-F1250, it's about 500 as well, if I'm lucky maybe I can make installments and get it for Christmas...but I'll bet it won't be there by then EITHER. Too bad, I knew that one will cost me.

orange

Tagline
I doubt it. It's getting harder to find good family anymore...

Rick

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Rick, theman1
Did ya make a killin???
Not in my opinion. The guy already had a U-24 and wanted another one. He paid the asking price as he thought that was fair. I provided the unit, plus manuals, plus shipping.

Now if I can find someone to give me a couple thousand for my Pioneer SD-1100....