Pioneer HPM 100.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Indeed, a good speaker. I have two pairs of them. Are you going to demo them? If so, bring along your favourite CD for the test.

Nando.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
I have them too but you want to see if the surrounds are intact. Unlike the CS-99A they do not use that type of surround on the woofer but the foam that decays with time. The replacements used to be $25 a set and they are not hard to do. Excellent speakers- If they have carbon cones they can be very bittle and crack. There is no shipping those.

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
I have them too but you want to see if the surrounds are intact. Unlike the CS-99A they do not use that type of surround on the woofer but the foam that decays with time. The replacements used to be $25 a set and they are not hard to do. Excellent speakers- If they have carbon cones they can be very bittle and crack. There is no shipping those.
No, HPM 100 woofers have mesh surrounds with goop applied for sealing. They will last indefinitely. The surrounds from the 70's on these woofers are still going strong. You must be thinking of HPM 500-1100 series, these have foam, and the brittle cones.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
The HPM-100 woofers do not have foam surrounds, so deteriorated or rotted surrounds aren't going to be an issue.

Nando.