PIONEER CS-77 3-WAY (1971?)

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
I was told as a youngster that a man's penis can be judged in size by the span of his hands from the tip of his thumb to the tip of his small pinkie when the fingers are splayed out. Not being gay, and not having a 3,000,000 dollar grant from the government, I can only judge the accuracy of that from my perspective, and in my case it is indeed true....
Did Devin help?

Attachments

Rocker69

New Around These Parts
---- (((( RELATED TO THIS THREAD: http://forums.phxaudiotape.com/showthread.php/4921-Tasuke-s-Reward )))) ----

hi all, i was gifted these by fellow member ORANGE early this year, and he just recently found a way to get them on up here to me.

i can't seem to find online-published specs for this model, -only the CS-77A that evidently replaced it- just a bit of discussion over on AK
where they do not seem to stack up favorably against much of anyone's direct reference.

indeed, trying them out myself, they do seem rather shrill and boomy at once when compared to my own reference, the 1990's 4-way CS-G503.
perhaps i need to play with the TONE a bit more to bring them out some, i'll see what i can do.

in the meantime, i took the opportunity to give them a good rubdown with OLD ENGLISH wood polish; they now look almost showroom condition, from a casual glance at least.
i must say, the craftsmanship of the cabinets is really beyond reproach. i even coated the woofers, which did miracles towards making them look presentable even with the grilles off.

they really do look classy, if only i could find a way to coax them into being at least a sonic match for the comparatively cheap-and-cheesy CS-G503;

I have those exact same speakers and would like to do an upgrade. What parts were replaced and what is the part number or names of the components changed?