Pics of the X-Amp stereo 70watter

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
The 70 wpc stereo 'little guy' amp, here it is with my vintage Olsen ME-38 Stereo Level Indicator hooked up just for :mrgreen: 's, the level dials made it easy to match levels for clipping. The pics don't show well, sorry my cam sucks.

stuwee

speakerman1 said:
Man that thing is small.
Larry
The MX-800U is 17" wide, 7" tall and 16 1/2" deep, weighs about 25lbs, the X is just a teeny little thang, I can pick it up in one hand.

I have the Yammie on now, man am I missing the X-Amp, I have very good ears, and even from my listening session late last night, I hear a huge diff in the sound. The Yammie is no slouch, the 90's MX series is very well respected for it's power and current capabilities. I paid big bucks for it, almost $400, the MX-1000U which is only a little more powerfull sells in the $600+ range.

I'm, thinkin' I need to let her go now, should I sell? Or keep it awhile when the economy and prices go back up? I'd hate to sell it for $250

stuwee

laatsch55 said:
Is the indicator line level??
Yeppers, Has a calibration switch for scope set up. I just used the level dials on the front to make it hit 0db when I heard it start to clip. then backed them off a smidge to be safe. they are super fast rise and decay, old school is da best :cheers:

One sold for $78 recently, I got mine for a $10 years ago. http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-LAFAYETE-ST ... 2a0ea88e55

I'm thinkin' about some Marantz blue VU's for the X's, I see them for sale every now and then, not sure if I could calibrate them properly tho.

stuwee

laatsch55 said:
Are you sure the Yammie is everything it can be??
Nevermind 90's BPC.
I got it because of great reviews for difficult loads and high current output, not many amps are rated at 1ohm loads, they have to be pretty stable or magic smoke :hippy2:

specs here, http://www.wired4sound.net.au/amplifier ... mx_800.htm

It has a magical midrange where the ML's shine, great soundstage....so why doesn't it measure up to my ears now? dunno, the dreaded synergy rears its ugly head, ain't nirvana grand??

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I received the X-amp from the stumeister today along with some wonderful designed cards. I wont get the chance to fire it up till the weekend, but thought I would post some pics. The top screws were loose from stuwee cranking on it so what the hay I opened her up.

stuwee

Glad it got there safe, looks alot like the monos inside, you think the use the same trannie? I didn't have time to to mix tapes for ya's before mailing stuff out, I'll hit ya'll soon with some!