Phoenix Update

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Phoenix is growing. In orders from last year. We are way up. I guess Lee and I have joined forces. We have some big decisions in the next weeks coming. We have the X-amp mods. I have a bunch of Audio alchemy gear setting here. We have the Onix CDPs. Lee is doing PL mods. What else he can dream up. If this TT mod I'm doing works I ill start advertising it.

Jerry and Nick will be redoing the website. The have some good ideas. I may start selling the Blue labels myself. Like I said my favorite tape. You guys will get a discount. I'm not trying to cut Joe out of the picture; But I make just a tad off of those tapes.

I'm thinking about Hafler Pre amp mods. Would be a good seller and they are nice pre amps. Can the X-amps be a nice affordable source of power?

Does anyone want to do a Blue label group buy. When I find out if you do and how many I order. Then I will give the price.

Larry

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I'm getting broke but I'm about to sell two receivers.

Meanwhile you can look at the inside of the J-card now for critique.[attachment=0:vu0hiljh]insideJcard1.gif[/attachment:vu0hiljh]

Scaling to follow after I install them on the template, then back to what ever format you want ulimately.

Attachments

speakerman1

Tagline
Looks good to me. PDF is fine by me. Since I'm printing them. LOL I just want to thank you for doing this. It means alot to me.

Larry

orange

Tagline
Some notes about the design:

The Content line is slightly asymmetrical. The reasoning behind this is that often tapists group recordings of a single artist or make compilations that are not as critical for space.

The NOTES section can add data and the inner spine has ample space to list major details.

The NR section is on one side only as tapists rarely use more than one on a single tape. This, then, is a practical omission.

Lining will allow the user to write horizontally or divide the area vertically or arbitrarily at their choosing. Spacing between the lines allows ample space and does not overly tax their writing skills in my opinion, something that always presented a problem to me.

Your comments and criticisms are highly sought as I can apply them quickly and come to a completed product.

Steven

orange

Tagline
On to a label then.

KEEP THOSE CARDS AND LETTERS COMIN'

orange

Tagline
INSIDE DRAFT 1a is finished, will visit a friend to adjust and try to scale. I have no ink right now.

speakerman1

Tagline
I want to thank Steve,Jerry, and Lee. I have come to a decision. I will start selling Phoenix tapes. I will not cut Joel's prices. Members will get 10% off. I'm trying to think what I have time to do. We have to have an active site with the changes that go on. I am willing to ask someone for help. You won't receive money; but I can tell you you will receive nice audio components. If you are interested let me know. At some point I may be able to pay you.

Larry

orange

Tagline
I think I am the last internet virgin right now...my interests have always been older equipment, radio-television/video systems and getting my stuff to work. I had the power light of my Qwest Actiontec BK5000 go red on me for part of a night (maybe I had the venting obscured) but whatever it is I wonder if it will come back.

Graphic layout and design goes back to making nice posters and then using the computer to make cards. I took art classes from 6th grade sporadically into community college but I worked on logos and weird cars and minivans that predated the eventual late 80s and 90s actual automobiles. Some of those designs were likely under development in 1982-85.

It was just a challenge to me then...