Phoenix Tapes Review

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Those of you who have tried the Phoenix tapes. Please give me your honest opinions. The reds aren't selling and I need to know why. Also which ones you would buy again. I'm just trying to get things going. I may go with another tape and discontinue the reds. I can get some TDK chrome at a very good price. I myself really like the blues. I'm not much on metal tapes. I like good Type IIs better.

So I'm just trying to get opinions of people I trust. Don't pull any punches. It isn't that we haven't sold any tapes. I know we are a new company. I think I have sold close to 3000 tapes to the dealers. I understand the economy. Trust me I'm feeling it. I want phoenix to be around awhile. So that is why I'm asking. That is why I'm trying and looking into different things.

Thanks
Larry

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Sorry I'm so late but I broke in the Blue and recorded my Portasound keyboard and some rather flat recordings of my singing with Pioneer and Roberts headphones (like I haven't located both of my cheap karaoke highballs today).

From the keyboard stuff I would gather that really musical subjects would sound great, the tape is of quality manufacture and I used dbx type II on a Teac V-500X.

I have to get to the red.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
The metal tapes suck :pottytrain3:
(just kidding, I want some left when I get some extra cash ) :D

The Red's are a superb type II, great bottom end, magic in the mids, great clarity in the highs although just a tad dark for my taste. I'm being picky. I highly recomend this to anyone looking for a brand new tape.

The Blue II is just more accurate and punchy, I like it better. I've been using this one alot in the last week, amazing and very easy to dial in on the Teac. Sounds great on the Denon which has 'autobias'. I record with the Dolby off usually, and this tape is quiet (the Red is just a little noisier). The Metal is dead quiet!

As a certified tape fiend :oops: , I'm glad there's serious high quality new tapes about. All three of the Phoenix tapes are superb!!