Phase Linear prototype TS200 AMP??

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
PM watts abundant ( Don Imlay) and ge t his DC protect board. It offers on delay/ off disconnect ...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
It was good to put a voice to a name Mike, call anytime..I'll gert Ken's number now that I'm home..

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I don't know exactly who owned the stack. It was a friend of Ken's and ken had sold some of the pieces to that guy. I'll ask Ken about the 200.

Mike, could you see what the bolt size is that holds the rack handles on your Ser II 700 are. Joe asked yesterday and from memorey on Przems I told him 1/4-20. Could you conmfirm that please?
1/4 -20 is right

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Phase Linear TS200

I spoke to Ken L. (the previous owner) about this amplifier. He obtained it from someone who in turn obtained it from someone else and then the trail goes cold from there. My best guess is that this was made by someone whose initials were T.S. I have an employee list with approximately 300+ names on it and only (2) employees had the initials T.S. One was a woman and the other was a man. None of the ladies who worked at Phase Linear to my knowledge made any products at home. The guys on the other hand who did is numerous. The (1) male employee whose last name starts with an "S" is Smith. Needless to say, I have no further contact information on a T. Smith who worked at Phase Linear.

By the way, the Phase Linear 200 series 1 amplifier was never rated into a 4 ohm load as it clips asymmetrically when driving a 4 ohm load (that is one one part of the sine wave will clip way sooner than the other). The 200 series 1's also had some reliability issues with transformer failures. The 200 series 2 amplifier had a fully complimentary output and was a much better amplifier than the series 1. The series 2 used (3) different suppliers for output transistors. The NEC 2SD555's with NEC 2SB600's proved to be the most reliable output transistors.

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
I spoke to Ken L. (the previous owner) about this amplifier. He obtained it from someone who in turn obtained it from someone else and then the trail goes cold from there. My best guess is that this was made by someone whose initials were T.S. I have an employee list with approximately 300+ names on it and only (2) employees had the initials T.S. One was a woman and the other was a man. None of the ladies who worked at Phase Linear to my knowledge made any products at home. The guys on the other hand who did is numerous. The (1) male employee whose last name starts with an "S" is Smith. Needless to say, I have no further contact information on a T. Smith who worked at Phase Linear.

By the way, the Phase Linear 200 series 1 amplifier was never rated into a 4 ohm load as it clips asymmetrically when driving a 4 ohm load (that is one one part of the sine wave will clip way sooner than the other). The 200 series 1's also had some reliability issues with transformer failures. The 200 series 2 amplifier had a fully complimentary output and was a much better amplifier than the series 1. The series 2 used (3) different suppliers for output transistors. The NEC 2SD555's with NEC 2SB600's proved to be the most reliable output transistors.
Thanks Ed for your effort in trying to find any info on this amp.
Mike