Phase Linear (Lynnwood Washington) Factory Photos

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
PHASE LINEAR WARRANTY TECHNICIANS MIDTERM

I just returned from Dean's to confirm the answers for #11 and #13 which have not been answered correctly yet.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Those answers were courtesty of a new member to be.....I hope he registers by his old oilfield name.....Flashman......

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Michael G. Frost 10/2/1950 - 12/31/2016 Phase Linear Eng. Dept employee passes away

It is with much sadness that I just discovered that Michael G. Frost, former Phase Linear engineering department employee has passed away. Unfortunately I never did get a chance to meet him. I invited him several times to attend our annual Phase Linear reunion party but he never did show.

http://www.whidbeynewstimes.com/obituaries/michael-g-frost-oct-2-1950-dec-31-2016

Ed

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Robert E. (Bob) Munger

More history lost Ed, ya better get that book written.....
Lee,

Robert Elliot (Bob) Munger who did the original layout work for the early Phase Linear 700 (Kelly DeYong) pc boards has also passed away.

http://molesfarewelltributes.com/tr...ob-Elliott-Munger/obituary.html#tribute-start

I met Bob on several occassion's at Vetco Electronics. Bob was an Altec dealer in the Mountlake Terrace and Seattle (Green Lake) area back in the 60's and 70's. Dean also worked for him out of college. Bob's specialty in the later years was custom wound transformer's (Audisar). Unfortunately Bob suffered a stroke a number of years ago. Last I had heard he was living in a VA hospital somewhere near Bremerton.

The first time I met Bob (a long time ago) he had on him a copy of a letter he received from Phase Linear (circa 1970/71?) thanking him for all the effort he put into the pc board design work. Bob stated that he never got paid. When I mentioned this to Bob Carver a couple years ago he said that everyone got paid. (Bob Munger was hired to do the pc board work because Bob Carver didn't have the experience to do that at that time.) I only wish I could have gotten a copy of that letter.

Ed

Tolotta110287

New Around These Parts
Phase Linear CSY1.5 (Dual 500/D-500) Amplifier

Here is a photo of a rare Phase Linear CSY1.5 amplifier. Only a handful were ever made. They were never put into production. They were made by production line employee Clyde S. Yamamoto.

Ed
How many of these still exist?

Tolotta110287

New Around These Parts
Unfortunately that is mine now but it was my late father's. That he got somehow I'm almost certain he has papers I have to locate them. IThe story he told me that 3 of them had been built . 1 destroyed and another was blown up and this one. Now I dont know how true it is but he said that this was the only one left .how true that is I dont know. That's why I asked. He was a extreme phaselinear and carver man. I got aot of stuff that I'm looking into selling. To be honest I only became a member cause I searched up and down about the csy and got nothing but found this form after a month. This is the only place I found that even acknowledged it existed. I have been around these all my life but dont share the same passion as him. He use to repair them for people and send them back .
Also bought ones that needed work and would fix them . Sadly that knowledge went with him . I'm now trying to rehome his collection to people who have that passion like him. I just started going through it and figured a group like this could help me if I have questions.