Phase Linear 700B White Oak Audio Upgrades for sale

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Quoted from the ebay listing, "I have one of my 400 restorations that I use when I want to boogie."
Does anybody even say that anymore?

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
What’s the story on parts for these amps in terms of what’s no longer made? Power transistors? Just curious.

The WOPL 700B is one the best amps I’ve ever had in my possession.

mlucitt

Phase Linear is not in the business of home electronic equipment any more and sold their stock of parts to various people long ago. Almost every electronic component is available generically by manufacturer part number. There are a many Phase Linear PL400 and PL700 specific parts available through White Oak Audio to meet the needs of people like us. The only parts that are not currently available are the Series II "sub-faceplates" (the plates behind the front faceplate) and the power transformers.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
I had a White Oak 700B here at the house once thanks to Lee.

I know that PL has been gone for some years, but from what you’re saying, it sounds like parts availability is primarily a non-issue. Which is good news!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I had a White Oak 700B here at the house once thanks to Lee.

I know that PL has been gone for some years, but from what you’re saying, it sounds like parts availability is primarily a non-issue. Which is good news!

Problem is: You have to buy a core amp to get the few things you DO need. Meters, Bezels, transformer and especially meter pieces for the series II (tinted glass, scale, rubber pieces. inner face plate.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Joe, I'm a puss when it comes to booze. My buddy hooked me up with a Scotch when I visited and he was crying when I asked for Ice and a coke to go with it. That stuff taste like weed soaked water.
What label was the scotch. I drink Laphroaig usually, it will grow hair on your ass...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
It was probably shitty Dewars or something. Between "Glen" this and "Glen" that, I don't know anything about scotch. Gimme Bud Light or give me death (or a new liver).