Phase Linear 700 series 2 questions

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
Been awhile but have found out a few months ago the primary problems with the amp. Had it tested /inspected via a local shop ($60) and for about $480 including labor & parts could get it done. Parts found faulty are half of the transistors, some resistors, and basic cleaning (they have a list of parts that they would sell me if I wanted to do the repairing myself). All the caps are good. So I think what I will do is decide on the parts I really wanted to use or get and or a kit if it covered the parts that are bad. I would go ahead and replace ALL the transistors instead of some. I have still many other projects that will come before this endeavor.
I also have a lot of HIFI associated equipment left for me from my cousin that may be sent by end of year or picked up after . Alot of it will tie into the new make up of my system/s.
Will open a new thread when the time comes for the refurbish of the PL700 II amp
I'm not a fan of whoesale parts replacement, especially on the board. Without good techniques and the right desoldering tools it is very easy to damage the board. If it's not blowing fuses the outputs are probably good. R101, 7.5K/2W is a common failure. For less than $400 you can get an assembled White Oak board and resolve any board issues.