phase linear 400

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Looks great Gene, yup, easy and makes common sense to wire it so. Make a note not to cut those meter signal wires to the predetermined length per the Wire Cutting Guide PDF when your building your WOPL. Hopefully they'll be long enough to reach from the DCP to the meters. Cut them to the specified length and you'll be bummed. Later.
think im gonna put that switch for the meter sensitivity.....that only makes sense too.....i got a bunch of little bat switches...

George S.

FANTASTIC!!!!!
maybe, he should put it also....i am sure there are people out there that have the protect board that have not yet upgraded to the wopl....
those meters are not easily acquired...
Mine banged against the stops hard for more than a hour of stress testing. And I do mean HARD. They're pretty tough. To tell the truth, if one broke I was going to install a set of much larger meters, NOS from about 1969. But the originals survived just fine. So I guess they'll stay until some winter day when all my broken test equipment and everything else is fixed and I'm looking for something to do. Should be easy to sell the original Dixson meters at that point.

gene french

Tagline
Mine banged against the stops hard for more than a hour of stress testing. And I do mean HARD. They're pretty tough. To tell the truth, if one broke I was going to install a set of much larger meters, NOS from about 1969. But the originals survived just fine. So I guess they'll stay until some winter day when all my broken test equipment and everything else is fixed and I'm looking for something to do. Should be easy to sell the original Dixson meters at that point.
my meters are honeywell...which nibbler do you use??
for chassis mods??

George S.

my meters are honeywell...which nibbler do you use??
for chassis mods??
No nibblers. Make a paper template, glue it on with rubber glue, center punch and drill many small holes in a line just inside the edge, cut or break it out, finish with a variety of hand files and fine cut wet and dry sandpaper if aluminum.

gene french

Tagline
i got notice they were received in miami...but never entered into system...wjen i contacted them they said they lost track of them ... late this afternoon...they relicated them and entered into system....so...
next week...i am sure...
i will advise!!!

George S.

you ever use them??..when we built our ham stuff...the tool of choice..
Never tried or actually held a nibbler. I know they are often used for automotive sheet metal work. My father has a very old and complete set of those Greenlee sheet metal punches like Sniff found, but I've never had occasion to borrow them. For holes I use hole saws and a drill press. I have a pretty good selection and pretty much every size is available at the big box store or online.
For IEC plug holes, it doesn't take much time to drill just inside the outline and file. If a nibbler would work, then cool. The chassis are aluminum, with the commercial amps being the exception, they're steel.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
i got notice they were received in miami...but never entered into system...wjen i contacted them they said they lost track of them ... late this afternoon...they relicated them and entered into system....so...
next week...i am sure...
i will advise!!!
They were partying with them over the weekend...

gene french

Tagline
Can't you import direct from Cuba? (Assuming Cuban made cigras are in question)

Useless trivia: Still to this day, the wrappers are grown in Connecticut, and exported to Cuba...
yes...import duty is 300%
they wanted 600 tax on 200 worth of cigars christmas gift from my brothers...

gene french

Tagline
A three-screw PL400 control board. You can install a WOA Rev G1 Control Board, but you will have to add a new screw location.
bought an 8 fin and other 4 fin...
may just buy joes chassis...
got options...
i love options...
400 kicking butt and takin names today!!