phase linear 400

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
still have fm interference problems...
i have tried different preamps eqs amps tuners...etc
more prominant on select stations...more prominant mid day...
some times total signal is lost...ss meter goes to zero...and pops back up to all 5 indicator lights...
i have no florescents ....all leds...
only thing i can figure...
within 4 or 5 miles....there are...
1.. 62 windmills up to 82m diameter...900kw to 3mw...with distribution center
2...5 steam turbines generating geothermal power...
pipes drilled up to 3000m deep harvesting steam off of the volcano to drive the turbines...also complete with propane back up plant and full distribution power...
this possibly causing my interference....i am about 140 miles by highyway from san jose...none of the stations are close...i do have outdoor dipole...and get good ss readings...

George S.

I agree with Kyle. Might try flipping all the circuit breakers off except for the one feeding the system to try to isolate the issue.
What else do you have mounted on the mast? Is the mast grounded? Does your pickup truck radio or a portable exhibit the same issue? Maybe corona discharge off the dipole tips?

gene french

Tagline
That's interesting. All that stuff would reek havoc with AM/HF radios but shouldn't with VHF/FM. Is someone operating a pirate station near by?
very few hams here ... i am ti7/aa5nx...when i cq ....i am swamped...i only operate cw ... cw operators that speak english are rare here...sutel (c.r. version of fcc) is very inefficient ..they actually sold to red cross part of 2m band...only cbers i hear are truckers...and even they are not too common...i am sure there are no pirate stations here...

gene french

Tagline
I agree with Kyle. Might try flipping all the circuit breakers off except for the one feeding the system to try to isolate the issue.
What else do you have mounted on the mast? Is the mast grounded? Does your pickup truck radio or a portable exhibit the same issue? Maybe corona discharge off the dipole tips?
my weather station....my microwave link to internet...2 cell boosters...althougg only one connected at a time...and my fm dipole...
i ordered a bunch of chokes...need to experiment...
with mute engaged...i logged about 50 fm stations. .way more than i expected...i will keep experimenting ...

gene french

Tagline
metal roof ... metal perlins....grounded...satellite dish attached to metal roof grounded....
seems the higher the freq...the less the interference...or it could just be a fluke...

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
I grab any transistor radio that's handy (I have a lot!) and use it to hunt for QRM, plug/unplug stuff, etc.... maybe get an FM one and try that.

When I accidentally leave my Blonder Tongue TV modulator on it makes nasty hum in the stereo as it's mounted in the rack with the stereo.

gene french

Tagline
what i discovered so far....limited time/info...after installing chokes...
no noise as of yet...but something is hitting the signal...we do notice a drop in signal...for a portion of a second...but no noise accompanies it as before...will experiment with other stations over more time...