Phase Linear 400 manual

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Just acquired one and if there is a specific spot here at Phoenix to post the pages for review

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Can we not post document files due to copyright rules? Maybe we can have Ed give us permission to post PL documents?
I am not the one who would give permission or not on posting any Phase Linear documents. Phase Linear is now owned by Vox Electronics (formerly Audiovox).

Ed

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Yes there are differences between the Edmonds, WA and Lynnwood, WA versions of the Phase Linear 400 series 1 owner's manual. I have second generation photocopy of the Edmonds, WA manual. I am also missing pages 6 and 7 and am unsure whether there were any pages beyond page 8.

Ed

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Ed, someone has an Ebay auction showing pictures of three different covers for PL400 Owners Manuals. The auction is here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PHASE-LINE...390262?hash=item3d35c94e36:g:yQ0AAOSwB-1YyK4S

There is a green cover, an olive cover, and a blue cover. Is there any relation to these manuals and where the Phase Linear plant was at the time?
The first one in the ebay ad is an Edmonds version. The second one I am not sure of as I don't have a copy of this one. The 3rd one (OM400-3) was when they were in Lynnwood and is actually a gray cover.

Ed

fitz43

Yes there are differences between the Edmonds, WA and Lynnwood, WA versions of the Phase Linear 400 series 1 owner's manual. I have second generation photocopy of the Edmonds, WA manual. I am also missing pages 6 and 7 and am unsure whether there were any pages beyond page 8.

Ed
Page 6 Maintenance and Servicing notes
Page 7 Technical Specifications
Page 8 last page
Sheet 2-74-2M - Important Notice - Speaker Fusing was included with the manual.

mlucitt

Ed, I just acquired an original Edmonds address. (P.O.Box 549) PL400 Owner's Manual. Page 6 is Maintenance & Servicing Notes. Page 7 is Technical Specifications, and on the back of Page 7, is the last page, Page 8 which is Circuit Description.

I can scan the whole thing, or just the pages you need.

Mark

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Ed, I just acquired an original Edmonds address. (P.O.Box 549) PL400 Owner's Manual. Page 6 is Maintenance & Servicing Notes. Page 7 is Technical Specifications, and on the back of Page 7, is the last page, Page 8 which is Circuit Description.

I can scan the whole thing, or just the pages you need.

Mark
Mark, Can you scan all the pages and save it as a PDF?

Thanks!
Ed

mlucitt

Mark, Can you scan all the pages and save it as a PDF?

Thanks!
Ed
Ed,
Any idea (or guess) of when the change of the addresses in the PL400 manuals (due to the move from Edmonds to Lynnwood) would correspond to the serial numbers of the PL400 units. In other words, with which serial number of PL400 would the newer, Lynnwood manual begin to apply?

I see that the Edmonds-addressed PL400 Owner's Manual shows a diagram of a four-fin model, the Lynnwood-addressed PL400 Owner's Manual shows a diagram of an eight-fin model.

Thanks,
Mark