Phase Linear 400/700b Meter Bezels and Clips

PLMavenMan

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
I recently became the proud owner of a PL400 Series 1 amplifier, however the previous owner had dismounted the meters (not sure why) from the face plate and proceeded to misplace the meter bezels, mounting clips and decorative hex bolts that hold the face plate to the chassis. I have long been a lurker here on these forums and hope that someone may have 2 meter bezels and 3 meter bezel clips available. I am also looking for the 4 decorative face plate bolts.

My understanding is that the meter bezels were the same for both the PL400 and the PL700b, as were the clips. Phase Linear listed the part numbers as 142-0005 for the bezels and 210-0064 for the clips for both models.

The meter bezels are the thing I need most to put this amp back into service. Thanks in advance!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
What are you calling "bezels"? The steel , black pieces that hold the meter to the faceplate?? BTW, welcome to Phoenix!

PLMavenMan

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Yes. The black metal things. I didn't know what to call them so used the description that is in the PL 400 service manual. Aside from these meter mounting pieces and the meter lamps needing replaced the amp seems to be working well!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Early series 1's used a different meter than the later models, could you post a pic of the back and front of the meter?

PLMavenMan

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Here is a picture of the meters IMG_20161121_111801644_HDR.jpg IMG_20161121_111818662_HDR.jpg

The meter bulbs are the #1784 bulb that stick in 4 holes in the back of the meter.

My amp's S/N is 104011 and has the multi-fin heat sink, so I think that means it was a later model (1974+)

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Your meter is a later one thankfully, probably a Honeywell. The rarer Dixon meters are slightly smaller and don't use a light board, they use those glass tubes across the top edges

I have the bezels (nice, not beat to hell chipped all over), meter clip locks and one meter like yours left in a parts box from my last PL400 that I parted out. I think I even still have the fancy bolts. I am sure Lee has piles of this stuff but if you need anything I mentioned, PM me

Last edited: