Phase Linear 400 & 700 Family

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Damn Fred - are you a closet Phase Linear amplifier hoarder? I'm jealous. Nice amp stack. Are you using some of these with a surround sound system by chance? Can't wait to see the 700 Fred stack.

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Yes, intent is multi-channel in a home theater. Unfortunately building the theater is probably going to require a larger home. I pulled all the amps out of the closet to do insurance photos. BTW, think I'll need more wire :)

Damn Fred - are you a closet Phase Linear amplifier hoarder? I'm jealous. Nice amp stack. Are you using some of these with a surround sound system by chance? Can't wait to see the 700 Fred stack.

NavLinear

That will be one kick ass system and now you need a bigger home to accommodate - too fcuking funny. For most guys it's a bigger garage.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
You’ll need a bigger breaker in your panel for all of that!
Even with my puny 400 I see lights dim momentarily with booming bass notes.

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
No doubt about it. Will probably put in an entire electrical panel just for the theater. Running 10+ WOPLs will cause a world of hurt to an ordinary panel.

You’ll need a bigger breaker in your panel for all of that!
Even with my puny 400 I see lights dim momentarily with booming bass notes.

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
The two black ones are Perry's racing red amps. Sure was a lot easier to come by these Phase Linears 5 years ago.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I look forward to your thread on the new auditorium & speaker system......................

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Auditorium. Interesting idea. IMAX theaters are 12,000 watts. Think I've got them beat.

Edit: My wife is very concerned about what to do with all my crap should the beer truck hit me on the way to work. At the risk of an early demise, I've instructed her to contact Joe and Lee. All amps to be distributed to long time board members at shipping cost.

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
That's funny Fred, I've instructed my wife and kids to contact Joe and the forum in general to get rid of all my stuff.....and I have a lot of stuff. A LOT at the component leverl..

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
To quote Ross Perot. Texas born, Texas bred, when I die I'll be Texas dead.