Oracle Delphi MK I

Here's a very cool turntable I thought I'd share with everyone.

I got this from a local friend. It is in need of a maintenance kit as you can see a few of the springs have issues. I also need to service the Mission 774 tone arm and figure out how to mount a nice cartridge to it.

The maintenance kits run about $250 for these so this will not happen anytime soon but thought I'd share a few pictures.

Oracle Delphi Mark I w/ Mission 774 tone arm:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Nice, Paul. I've seen only one Oracle Delphi turntable at Innovative Audio. It was a MK IV. Well worth the time and money to spend on it. I haven't got a clue of what type and brand of cartridge to hang off that tonearm. But, I am sure other Oracle owners will have recommendations.

Nando.

Thanks guys!

It is a belt drive table under the platter. This is my first belt drive table and my first "high end" table.

I understand they can be a bear to get set up but once done that sound fantastic!ey

gamve

Journeyman
Hi Paul,
Have a search in ebay for XTC new armwand. This guy has some great bits for the mission 774 arms at a good price.
Yours looks like the good version with the large boss that holds the armwand. Should sound great.

Hi Paul,
Have a search in ebay for XTC new armwand. This guy has some great bits for the mission 774 arms at a good price.
Yours looks like the good version with the large boss that holds the armwand. Should sound great.

Thanks!

I see he has the counter weights. I think I have the original around here but may need to get one of these for more options.

Like I said, I am new to all of this.

Thanks for all the help and ideas so far!

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Damn Paul - very nice TT. It seems you're a closet Velvet Underground guy also! Some good tunes there.

Damn Paul - very nice TT. It seems you're a closet Velvet Underground guy also! Some good tunes there.

Thank you sir!

I dig the VU. When I was a kid I was not into them enough to buy an album but I did have songs I liked on tapes from friends. When this box set came out way back when I grabbed it right away. I have several actual records now as well. Great stuff!

Just another reason I'm looking forward to getting this table up and running.....

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
And "The Band" too...my number one band. Would go to Woodstock annually to see Levon Helm band until he unfortunately succumbed to cancer.

And "The Band" too...my number one band. Would go to Woodstock annually to see Levon Helm band until he unfortunately succumbed to cancer.

You sir, are a very lucky man. Would love to have seen The Band or Levon Helm or Robbie Robertson or......

We are at two of four pictured CD box sets :)

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
You sir, are a very lucky man. Would love to have seen The Band or Levon Helm or Robbie Robertson or......

I was fortunate to see the original Band in New Paltz NY at New Paltz Community College in 1970 with my college buddies. It was a tiny venue and the thing sold out so of course the doors got crashed. One of the most memorable concerts I have ever been to.

We would travel to Woodstock in October for each of the 3 years prior to Levon's death to see The Midnight Ramble that he held in his barn. It was my daughter's birthday request, she loves the Band too. The Levon Helm Band led by Larry Campbell puts on a great show. The best music and acoustics you will hear anywhere. They always had great guest appearances each Saturday night. A fantastic time.

I was fortunate to see the original Band in New Paltz NY at New Paltz Community College in 1970 with my college buddies. It was a tiny venue and the thing sold out so of course the doors got crashed. One of the most memorable concerts I have ever been to.

We would travel to Woodstock in October for each of the 3 years prior to Levon's death to see The Midnight Ramble that he held in his barn. It was my daughter's birthday request, she loves the Band too. The Levon Helm Band led by Larry Campbell puts on a great show. The best music and acoustics you will hear anywhere. They always had great guest appearances each Saturday night. A fantastic time.

I was still practicing dimensional travel in 1970. It wasn't until spring of 1972 when I arrived on this planet... ;)

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member

There is a connection between my Geri and her ex-brother-in-law, Bill, who was the band manager for The Band. I thought I might have mentioned this in a post long ago, but maybe I hadn't. If I hadn't, I may encourage Geri to relate a few stories which would be interesting to hear.

Nando.

There is a connection between my Geri and her ex-brother-in-law, Bill, who was the band manager for The Band. I thought I might have mentioned this in a post long ago, but maybe I hadn't. If I hadn't, I may encourage Geri to relate a few stories which would be interesting to hear.

Nando.

Cool, Nando!

Looks as though there is no love for the other box set artists......

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Can't really identify with the other 2 unless the one on the far right is Trent Reznor and NIN? If that is what it is, I am into that as well, but not as much as I am into the Band.

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Thats a cool set. Never seen it before. I have a similar Silverchair set from the same era called the Freakbox. Contains 5 singles... no booklet though. Ive always had an attraction to box sets.

Right on!

3 down and 1 to go. This one is simple so I'll let you all answer....;)