Opinon wanted on what type of capacitor this might be

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
The unit is a Sanyo Plus P55 power amp.

I have been reviewing capacitors contained in the parts list and found what I think is a descrepancy. The capacitors at positions C723 & C724 are described as 150V - 0.047uF - electrolytic.

Was there ever such a thing as a 150 volt 0.047uf electrolytic capacitor? Or is that description incorrect and the capacitor is actually a ceramic disc?

This portion of the schematic diagram shows both C723 & C724.

Sanyo Plus P55 diagram with C723 & C724.PNG

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
schematic isn't showing polarity, as usually mentioned on electrolytics.

what actually they put in the device?

I generally look at schematic and part list but then I check what was really used in the device and consider the actual correct information.
Service manuals might show mistakes.

PS: might it be a film cap, perhaps?

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Thanks for the input. I will assume then that the parts list description, "electrolytic capacitor" is wrong.

My intent is determining the cost of replacing electrolytic capacitors in the amplifier. Excluding the large filter caps of which there are four, total expense of ordering lots of 4 to 10 of what capacitors I do not have is about $50.

The amplifier has a small footprint and a liquid heat pipe. My recollection from a few years ago is that it's crowded inside and requires a fair bit of disassembly to access things just to view them. If that is in fact the case, my thought was to proceed with replacement at the same time.

Being able to replace four 63V 10000uF filter caps is unknown. I can only determine that after exposing them enough to measure their dimensions. If a compatible match is found, cost must be considered.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
They both terminate directly on the 0V rail, so you know polarity, even if not noted...