OOOPS

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
This is what happens to an amp when you are playing with speaker wires n shit while the unit is powered up, and rocking. Notice that there is NO POWER APPLIED at this moment. With meters being near impossible to get, this will be an expensive mistake by the current owner. AND, even though I warranty my amps for life, blowing them up because of procedural errors is NOT COVERED. Never mess with a powered up amp. Power it down and mess with connections.

Devil 3 WOPL.jpg

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Shame.

But damn dude ... that blacked-out look is Svelte as *&^^!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I have a set of under swing (Like the 400's) meters but until I get the face pulled apart, I don't know if I can fix this one. Youse guys that gotta have your purdy 700B meters might wanna take heed. I have yet to see a meter go "Bad" in a 700B, given the right conditions, they can. They usually have a piece of grit or fuzz making them act wonky but I don't think that is the case with THIS meter. Think he'll like a picture of my granny in the spot where the meter used to be???

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I received a PL400 amp that was poorly packaged and the meter arrived rattling around inside the amp that had a meter that jumped the gimbal. The entire side of the faceplate was bent and the chassis was trapezoidal from the shipping shock in order to do that however.

I also had to unravel the clock spring after getting the armature back on the gimbal.

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
I received a PL400 amp that was poorly packaged and the meter arrived rattling around inside the amp that had a meter that jumped the gimbal. The entire side of the faceplate was bent and the chassis was trapezoidal from the shipping shock in order to do that however.

I also had to unravel the clock spring after getting the armature back on the gimbal.
Amazing what a heavy transformer can do to an aluminum chassis when mishandled. I have a 2kw ham linear amp that is designed to remove the transformer for shipping. Heathkit SB-220.