Offering records...any interest?

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I bought them all at a garage sale among some other things, but only the small bookshelf speakers worked out. So...what I have is as follows:

Marc Bolan in America - 1972
VBAC 3001
10-inch black vinyl with photo front and back
limited edition interview picture disc
disc is very slightly dished

Olivia Newton-John///Electric Light Orchestra
Jet 10-185
10-inch pink vinyl
side A Xanadu
side B Fool Country (with photo)

The O Band
12-UP 36297
12-inch red vinyl single
side A Look to the Left Look to the Right
side B A Smile is Diamond Fine White Wine

Toto
CBS WA3392
45 rpm irregular shaped photo disc
side A I Won't Hold You Back
side B Afraid of Love
note that the disc has one chip, but clear of the grooves, and the "disc" is warped

P1010044_2.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
You got a PRICE in mind, Laz? You should be able to look these up, perhaps through Discogs and get some ideas? I've never heard of the O Band but most of these look like German pressings (was the seller stationed there?) and United Artists records folded in the early 80s, due to scandals about reselling returned titles and not accounting for them properly IIRC actually which has to do with why Jet Records distribution moved to CBS Records. Any disc with Marc Bolan should have a lot of interest. In the US Xanadu was released by MCA, Jet in Germany because that was ELO's home label (loaned to MCA for the soundtrack) and the rings and sword are from TOTO IV (1982).

I'd say that somebody was stationed or lived in W. Germany between 1980 and 1983?

Here you go...

Not too bad a haul. But I'm not a mind reader or Daddy Warbux. Whatcha askin for that, Willis?

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Thanks for the information, Orange, and you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge. BTW, I think I forgot to mention that none of these discs have sleeves.

BTW, shoot me an offer.

BTW, the Toto thing not only has a chip, but is warped so much that when I tried to cue it up, part of the outer edge would rise up and kiss the stylus, so I quickly shut things down.

BTW, I am listening to the vid you posted, and the O Band is not my cup o' tea.

orange

Tagline
I'm into them for displays, not SQ. Keep that in mind.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
1556109687797.png

This one gave me flash-backs of a margarine commercial ... I think I need to lay off the Sphongle for a while :laughing8:

orange

Tagline
Laz, you never did get back to me like you said...you were gonna figure out a price. One week until payday, need to get on that.

orange

Tagline
I'm pushing daylight with the local bike shop going out of business on May 25th myself... and housecleaning, and thoughts about my own mortality, the usual crap.

orange

Tagline
Well, I got up and just wet through all the computer chassis and parts and i'm going to strip some down and fix 3-4 more of what was left, a friend took two with him. My other brother in law is coming down from northeastern Oregon to bring me a new mower and I hope he can connect with Tasuke to help me fix some VCRs. Tuesday the usual BIL is coming to help me run errands and I did some serious cleaning all day (screw you AJAX White Tornado, you wimp)...another friend brought leftovers, ate some of the Chinese and some for breakfast tomorrow *beef, wide noodles, rice, sauce, bean pods, 3 fortune cookies, another IZZE Apple and some red punch in a small Kirkland bottle. That and lots of Elton John all day on the radio are keeping my batteries charged (and the neighbor's little shaggy dog). :grommit:

orange

Tagline
Hay Dennis, those records and a finding a few more of those 12" LP sized frames to display some of my other discs (like my Good Vibrations sleeve and 45 for an example) are something I'm shooting for and payday is in 9 daze....

orange

Tagline
And it's my birthday next month...

orange

Tagline
Yeah, Laz, don't bogard the Bolan, my brother wants it...

orange

Tagline
I cut down on cheese...but I have one less mouse now.