Oak Island new season.

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I have my dvr set & supplies ready. Will they find something cool tonight?
Since their work season is pretty much over before the TV season starts, would they ever be able to keep a big discovery secret until TV time??
Or would we read about the Canadian govt. blocking the bridge & seizing the goods ?? Heh....Heh
I suspect the govt. has someone living in one of those houses right by the bridge. Monitoring everything that comes & goes.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Well...whadda think? More mysteries uncovered that are validating theories. Eighth season, keeps pulling me back. Still don’t think they will ever find anything but fun watching them tear up an island.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
The past 7 season have been a cliffhanger Sam.....I just can't stop watching. Also feel the need to watch to the end after following for so long.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Well series that make a drama out of finding something and then wasting all the money for digging to find there is nothing there is not only dispappointing but as with the divers put people lives at risk without good reason. I think after I watched all the shows of Net Flix to the end that a new series will have about as much excitement as new Lucy Episodes. Although if another hidden season of Andy Griffith might be something to watch not many other shows have the attraction. I guess if you are a treasure hunter or a heavy equipment operator it might hold some interest.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Kinda like Geraldo Rivera and the Al Capone vault scam many years ago.

George S.

Yes, and seems there would be easier ways to secret a treasure then a very deep pit on a small island. How would it ever be recovered? Makes no logical sense to me.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Maybe they think it will be detected and beamed out by the Enterprise at some later time. You wonder what these old pirates were thinking and how did they get that far down there without modern machinery? I would think that 6 feet down would be good enough as long as no one knew where it was. Probably 3 feet down would be sufficient.

George S.

What was originally found was probably a cache of goods put there by early sailors, maybe Vikings or French, or ?, yes probably about 3 feet deep. From this the legend started and grew. It's become illogical.

Mohawk

Chief Journeyman
It's more of a history lesson .... I get the sense that everything they find is essentially remnants of past treasure hunters "left behinds"....

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
I have said before it is a party island. They are just finding leftovers from drunks dating back <1700. Been gigging us for 300 yrs....

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Hey if nothing else some nice scenery. I got hooked on Good Witch and have gone all the way through it- there seems to be some great scenery in that too and I see it is shop in Canada. What area is that really? Like Mayberry that was really Mount Airey, where is this at. It may be all fictional.
I seem to realize that this was a kind of soap opera. Well only 58 episodes so unlike soaps it does not go on for years and years.

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
Hey if nothing else some nice scenery. I got hooked on Good Witch and have gone all the way through it- there seems to be some great scenery in that too and I see it is shop in Canada. What area is that really? Like Mayberry that was really Mount Airey, where is this at. It may be all fictional.
I seem to realize that this was a kind of soap opera. Well only 58 episodes so unlike soaps it does not go on for years and years.
It was filmed in Hamilton and Niagara on the Lake, Ontario Canada...Eh!
It's supposed to take place southwest of Chicago. All this according to google.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Yes, It even says DuPage which is the county I am in. I can not imagine any scenery like they have in Canada- I think that part of the World is unique to Canada. Apparently they are shooting another season so we will see more on Netflix. I was not thinking they could make something like this and I when started was expecting Margaret Hamilton to be opening and making a statement but that was a long time ago. For those who do not recall, Margaret was the Wicked Witch of the West on the Wizard of Oz. She did a part on the three stooges too. She yells telephone for the three stooooges. At least there is some good TV still being made that does not contain all kinds of sex and killing.

mlucitt

A brief run through the channels gives us the following choices of 'entertainment' on over-the-air free TV targeted to lower income households:
Court TV - All crimes, all the time
Law and Order, SVU
The Closer
Major Crimes
Blue Bloods
Cold Case
Criminal Minds
Chicago PD
Medium
Crossing Jordan
The First 48
The FBI Files
Judge Judy
NCIS - New Orleans, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC
Cagney And Lacey
Starsky And Hutch
Matlock
Numbers
Bones
Superman reruns
Streets Of San Francisco
Hunter
Simon And Simon
Dog The Bounty Hunter
Adam-12
The Rockford Files
Magnum P.I.
Rizzoli And Isles
Dragnet reruns
Batman reruns
Green Lantern reruns
JAG
Longmire
Mayberry RFD reruns
America's Most Wanted
Psych
Boston Legal
American Crime Story
Murder, She Wrote
Baretta
The Good Wife
Homicide: Life On The Street
Justified
Sons Of Anarchy
The Shield
Deadwood
The Punisher
Dexter
True Detective
The Sopranos
The Wire
Breaking Bad

And this is just TV shows, there were dozens of movies in the same genre. Is it any wonder why there are so many crimes and criminals in this country? All these shows giving these boneheads bright ideas. I have been to many countries, and they have nothing like this.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
The TV shows are just for entertainment. How people behave has to do with Moral Compass and little by little this has been removed from our country- that is why crime increases. I was a Cop for a time and in seeing the process of the justice system, I got out of the business because it is a complete waste of time. You put a criminal in he pays money to lawyers and then he gets out and does the same thing again. Like the Military Industrial Complex that keeps wars going for money reasons, the criminal system does the same thing. If crime was abolished, all the Judges, Bailiffs and courts would be out of business and I can tell you from the looks of things they get some pretty good money to go through this silly process.
This is why I believe the Clint Eastwood law is more effective- criminal attacks you, you shoot him with a .44 and then problem solved and you move on to the next one.
Did you ever notice on Bones that they spend millions on solving cases with all this fancy equipment but then break moral laws by people having sex with everyone else and think nothing of it? This is the state of the FBI and the thinking in Hollywood which is totally corrupt. You are either a good person or you are not and Bones has very few people in their writing that are good people.
I like to watch Blue Bloods, it does a lot better job than Bones but it has problems in it too. Man is not perfect. We need more commissioner Regan's.
We actually have very few.