O.B.S. @ The Historic Red Dog July 2014

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Within the last week we found out One Bad Son was going to be playing in town. While it was kind of last minute, we managed to make some time to take in the show. Tickets were only available at the door, and the doors opened at 9. We figured showing up closer to 10, would get us in there closer to the time OBS took the stage. There was no mention of any opening band, or what time they would be playing.

We briefly checked out an opening act and decided to head back to the patio, on our travels to the outdoors, we ran into the drummer and singer for OBS. They instantly recognized us and thanked us for making it to another show, while the singer gave Kristin a hug and we shook hands.

As it turned out, there was 2 opening acts and OBS never came on until around midnight. The lad's played a mix of some older stuff, and several new songs from their forthcoming album. It was really nice to hear some new material, which by the way is sounding awesome. Anxiously awaiting the release of the new album.

After the show, as usual, OBS was hanging at the merch booth. Without taking up too much time I chatted with the bass, and guitar players, known as "the Adam's"(Theyre both named Adam). We spoke briefly of guitar Adam playing a Fender Telecaster this time out, which sounded great. The new albums release date, and weather or not it would be released on vinyl. As luck would have it, there will be a vinyl release along side the cd. Kristin bought some merch, we had them sign a poster, and then it was goodbye's. It was almost 2AM at that point and we needed to get home to bed as we both worked early this morning.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Am I getting too old, or just too set in my nightly routine? Getting up early for work after a night out just doesn't have the same allure anymore, but kudos to you guys for making the concert, Ben. I think it's cool you were recognized by the band members while outside before the band was ready to play. Love the live pictures, too.

Thanks for introducing me to O.B.S. - the guys must be a great act to see live.

Nando.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Am I getting too old, or just too set in my nightly routine? Getting up early for work after a night out just doesn't have the same allure anymore, but kudos to you guys for making the concert, Ben. I think it's cool you were recognized by the band members while outside before the band was ready to play. Love the live pictures, too.

Thanks for introducing me to O.B.S. - the guys must be a great act to see live.

Nando.
Yeah the late night thing and work in the morning seems to be less and less appealing these days. Im surprised you have never heard of them Nando. They are from BC. They are a fine Canadian rock act. The singer is IMO one of the best new singers around today. And they play radio, and live shows out there all the time.

I know I have mentioned them here several times, including a thread I made last year when we saw them. As well I sent Daren a signed CD of their self titled album.

We noticed these guys opening up for Buckcherry. We had never heard of them and their set was phenomenal. We instantly went and purchased their CD's from their booth. Been a huge fan since.

I may or may not have included some of their songs on a mix I have sent to you in the past.

Here is one of the songs that first caught my attention after seeing them the first time.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m8s2wqH4Y6c" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
That's what I meant by introducing the band to me, Ben, as I do have a mix MD from you featuring One Bad Son and you have commented about them in the past. But before that, I didn't know they were in my back yard.

Sshh... don't let others know we're not 20, anymore.

Nando.

Dazen1

Nice write up Ben.

We had never heard of them and their set was phenomenal. We instantly went and purchased their CD's from their booth. Been a huge fan since.
Support acts normally have to work a little harder.

On those occasions when they really nail it, they often put the headline band in the shade.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Nice stuff Ben. The lead singer sounds a bit like the lead from "Live"...