Nother Yamaha

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Have any idea what he found. I would suspect solder connection.
If Mother F---king piece of Junk gives you any Clue thats what he found, He would work on it then play it for a week or so solid turning it on and off and then he would call and I'd go pick it up, then we would test it and it would pop again, so he would start the process over, took a bout a month or so of screwing around and then now it's perfect. He also did my 2 M50s my TT as well as some other stuff which all came out perfect

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Had a chance to look it over. Besides being very dusty inside, It appears to have a bad case of glue corrosion and some cracked solder connections. Nothing is burnt up. Usually these short a couple outputs and fry a shit load of components.(Chernobyl Effect
I'm betting you'll get it up and running in short order

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
NO Yammie stands a chance of staying dead in the hands of Dave. I wish I knew this years ago when a A-1 got tossed in the dumpster. Out of all the Yammie amps I had, that was my favorite

avionic

Journeyman
Now it goes on to the awaiting parts shelf while I dig through my big box full of "Legendary" parts.. I worked one one of that guys(Skip something or other) units one time. Had a overheating Elna SilmicII cap in it*. And a shitload of cold solder connections. The guy can detail the shit out of them. They do look nice.

* Never guess why ?

http://www.legendaryamps.com/

Last edited: