Norelco Philips Shavers...

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
You were supposed to be a diehard loyalist... I'm not sure you convinced me... :laughing8:

I do product evaluations for all kinds of stuff. I did a trial run with it for about a week and did my review. I'm a diehard Braun guy though; prefer linear.
But this thing does give a nice, close Norelco shave. That's for sure. It has a Q-charger wireless charging platform, big LCD display and pretty nice travel case.
No cooties. My wife has professional blade sterilizing liquids so whoever gets it - gets a hygienically clean set of blades.
But I want cooties, I want cooties!!!

kingman

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I changed from a blade to a Norelco several years ago and never looked back. Less trouble and effort for close to the same results. Just gotta keep those heads clean and blades rotated out.

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
My problem is the neck area. Rotary's don't tackle that area close enough without walking away with a hella rash burn. But the rest of my face ... I was amazed how quickly it knocked down the stubble to a blade-like smoothness.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
I have a Braun linear that works pretty damn good for general purpose maintenance and it doesn't tear up my neck. I like to use a blade a few times a month just for kicks, so I'll take your advice on trying out a double edge set up.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I went from a blade to an Oster Fast Feed and a #1 blade guard many years back. I am thankful every day for the amount of saved time. All over, head and face.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I use the Oster Classic 76 with #1 blade on my head.
My favorite part of wet shaving is the feeling of a quality Best Badger brush & soap. NICE!
Topped off with a splash of Aqua Velva. ( Hard to find High Karate these days!)

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I use the Oster Classic 76 with #1 blade on my head.
My favorite part of wet shaving is the feeling of a quality Best Badger brush & soap. NICE!
Topped off with a splash of Aqua Velva. ( Hard to find High Karate these days!)
That dates ya!!

BlazeES

Tagline
---
What have you got to lose? Give 'em a shot and see how one set holds up for ya. I'm willing to bet that they don't last as long as the OEM blades.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
These are great for finding the perfect shave for your face:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockwell-6...079662?hash=item5218202b2e:g:o8sAAOSwJItcgWja

I wasted money on throw away's for too many years. I was lost & now I'm found.
Double edge blades are cheeeeeeeeap.
I also found out just how bad cream in an aerosol can sucks. ( my opinion))
I let it grow for a few daze and then shave and the Norelco I had never seemed to do well. But the disposables will last a while like that. if you have no cream that little white strip actually can do a pretty good job sans a can.

And I use single and twin blades. i'm never going to be hired as a natural Santa Claus, not good at growing chin hair.

kingman

Journeyman
Tagline
---
These are great for finding the perfect shave for your face:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockwell-6...079662?hash=item5218202b2e:g:o8sAAOSwJItcgWja

I wasted money on throw away's for too many years. I was lost & now I'm found.
Double edge blades are cheeeeeeeeap.
I also found out just how bad cream in an aerosol can sucks. ( my opinion))
My father used those e to shave with. Guarantee they weren't $99 back then! More like $3. Where would you ever find the blades for it?

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
My father used those e to shave with. Guarantee they weren't $99 back then! More like $3. Where would you ever find the blades for it?
You can buy a nice safety razor for less than $20.00, or you can spend a thousand. Like anything else high quality cost more.
You can buy a safety razor & blades anywhere. Grocery store,dollar store,Walmart. Wet shaving is HOT right now. More razors,brushes,soaps than ever.
The $99.00 razor I showed is stainless steel. They make the exact same razor in pot metal for far less.
I can't afford much of anything high quality. But a razor I can swing.

If you think I'm BS'ing. Search 'wet shaving' on youtoob or Ebay.