no music

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Hello Larrt !!!! Are you asking what a Kia is.... Or... Why the heck we sell them ?
I looked at one but these huge stoner rodents told me to back off.

kia_soul_hamster_hip_hop_main.jpg

orange

Tagline
Lyle, I gave out my last Mopar cassette chassis some time ago...

Best I can do for you is to either recommend a good salvage yard pull (and they don't just leave them in, they sell a lot of OEMs) or try something like this: http://replacementradios.com/ as the Diamondstar Crew has made some nice Rammy Jam sets over the years and the chassis size and mounting style is probably pretty close.

lyle

Journeyman
Tagline
---old and tired
Lyle, I gave out my last Mopar cassette chassis some time ago...

Best I can do for you is to either recommend a good salvage yard pull (and they don't just leave them in, they sell a lot of OEMs) or try something like this: http://replacementradios.com/ as the Diamondstar Crew has made some nice Rammy Jam sets over the years and the chassis size and mounting style is probably pretty close.
my only option is to utilize the center console compartment and install an aftermarket changer shoulda went with gmc :-( any in dash options are out as the trucks main systems are controlled by the lcd screen otherwise i woulda ripped that bitch out :tongue10:

orange

Tagline
Lyle, TH member Arnold Layne had a thread on installing an 8-track player in a new Charger recently if you should go look for that. It mght help.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
No need for aftermarket rodentia, as they are installed as original equipment in wiring harnesses.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
You may be able to tap into the vehicles system and add a CD/Tape/whatever with a line level converter.

orange

Tagline
He might just as easily find a recent Mopar cassette stereo with a CD changer control.

There should be a national network of salvageyard sales like we have in the US...go find a really good salvage dealer and ask.

And YES, I already gave my unused by me 10-disc Sony car changer to my brother in law.

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Not sure that would work Steven. I doubt that his truck will be backwards compatible with anything. The security system is now run off the stock "head units", They control a lot more than you'd think. A huge PITA for any aftermarket stereo guys. Hence why I suggested the line level converter. Not certain that would though... Some research would be necessary.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Not sure that would work Steven. I doubt that his truck will be backwards compatible with anything. The security system is now run off the stock "head units", They control a lot more than you'd think. A huge PITA for any aftermarket stereo guys. Hence why I suggested the line level converter. Not certain that would though... Some research would be necessary.
For years now, imports have run their computer buses through the head units as well. Not sure what the domestic guys are doing but I suspect its all going that way.
VW goes so far as to invalidate a vehicles warranty if the stock stereo bus is messed with..

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
On my Daughters car I had to buy a long harness and keep her factory unit installed only in the trunk still connected to the security and such. Even the air bags go through it so be careful, you can deploy them trying to unhook a factory unit.

Jim