Nice TT on CAM

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
First time I've seen that model, Ben. Quite something else for a mid-70's design from Pioneer, but the Japanese-market-only had many pieces that were much more refined than those available for the markets outside of Japan.

Here's a YT clip of that model playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkoSjLnhIxM

As rare as it is, the specs of my old Pioneer PL-570 were as good as the PL-1800 and my Pioneer PL-630 specs out even better.

By coincidence, I also used The Cars featured in the YT clip to test my Akai GX-747 after recording from my Pioneer PL-570.

Nando.

Last edited:

Miracle Mile

Veteran and General Yakker
By coincidence, I also used The Cars featured in the YT clip to test my Akai GX-747 after recording from my Pioneer PL-570.

Nando.
What are those hologram alike stickers do on the stop button and the head protection of this 747?

Elite-ist

Staff member
Miles: Those are prism stickers that were on the 747 when I found it at the mini flea market. Those were removed before it was sold.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Miles: I bought it for $50 which included the hubs, Akai take-up reel and a 10.5" recorded reel of the Beatles' White album. I found the wired remote control for it a few years back. I got about seven years of use from it, before selling it on consignment last year for $1,350.

Nando.

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
PL-71's came with a similar adapter Ron. They have a gauge on them for cart alignment on the 71.

Elite-ist

Staff member
No, I didn't...

If you can make such a deal.... Go for it!
Did the same sort of thing with the TEAC V5000, the Akai GX 52 and the Yamaha deck....
Miles: I sold a number of my components in 2013, many of which I was the second owner. I may be ready for another component purge in 2015. Yes, it was nice work that you completed on those cassette decks before selling them. If you hadn't tried them you wouldn't have known whether they were keepers, or not.

I found another old turntable at the mini flea market a few weeks back for $20.

Nando.