Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
They're the same, or maybe a typo in the release notes omitted the "G."

Almost1

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Ok great! Thanks for the info. Now about the drivers, the notes say to use the RCA410 or SJ2741 which are both obsolete. I currently have the 410's in there now which I believe are original. I have read people say that you can use the same device as the upper rows, but the fact that the notes specifically list the drivers only for the quasi builds has me wary. If not, is there a suitable substitution available? I figure I might as well replace them all while I'm ordering parts n such

Almost1

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Well, that's good to know. Does anybody have some stock they'd be willing to part with?

And does anybody know what you call the rubber pads you put under the transistors?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Berquist sil-pads, And if the RCA 410's are good, use em, NOS is probably rare....

NavLinear

Well, that's good to know. Does anybody have some stock they'd be willing to part with?

And does anybody know what you call the rubber pads you put under the transistors?

The pads are manufactured by Bergquist - Sil-Pad 400. The part number is SP400-0.009-00-04.

Looks like you beat me to it Lee.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I guess we should link the mouser part number from the archives, or is that the Mouser number???

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline

NavLinear

21st week of 1979, did you check out the hold down holes?? Looks like they've been torqued up..

Almost1, If the 410's test good, use em, not much load on the drivers, they last long time....
I did see the markings on the close up shot. Would that make them ANOS?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
They look pretty good otherwise, I've pulled some used ones that look that good too. Bought a bunch of heatsinks that had 8 of those on each one, gave most of em away, to folks here....

Almost1

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
So I bought 4 of those 410's linked earlier just to take advantage of the opportunity and the price wasn't going to break the bank. From what I can tell, they are new, and they are legit unless someone more experienced can prove otherwise...

IMG_20161030_191305295.jpg

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
So I bought 4 of those 410's linked earlier just to take advantage of the opportunity and the price wasn't going to break the bank. From what I can tell, they are new, and they are legit unless someone more experienced can prove otherwise...

View attachment 26949
No one would knock off an old, obsolete transistor like the RCA410. You are good.

Almost1

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Well, everything is installed. By everything I mean WO Cap kit, driver board, and output transistors. My emitter resistors were already .33ohm, so no worries there. I'm trying to adjust the bias and on both channels, I only have a range from 3.5mV to 18mV on both channels. I made sure to turn the input sensitivity knobs all the way down as per instructions. What are your thoughts on this? I also checked DC offset and -0.1mV Left and -0.6mV Right.