New Music and Music Genres

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
A good day at the thrifts today - scored a near-perfect copy of "Warming Up Kansas City," the companion CD of "WARM" which I praised on page six of this thread. But not listening to it yet, as I'm listening to the Mike White Quartet's "Tiempo." The MWQ CD has clips on EweToob, which I have not listened to, but the CD sounds great.

1663703494975.png

1663703536050.png

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Is anybody thinking about getting the newly remastered 180 gram Pink Floyd Animals album? I read yesterday that, as usual, David and Dickhead (sounds like a killer name for a new band) couldn't agree on something as simple as the notes for the pics on the inside of the album, so it is shipping without notes. I don't own the Animals album in vinyl so I believe I will be getting one. It was one of my PF favs.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
A wonderful tune starts at 24:15...not that the rest is bad. Here is Finland's Loituma at their best, and you even get "Levan Polkka" at the end. "Valamo Cloister Bells," the one starting at 24:15 is music good to drift off to - I wish it were the whole album. Get really mellow before you listen...

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
you put me in the mood for enya...never forget the first time i heard her...was in the discovery store on the river walk in new orleans...was playing on their pa system...i ask who was that...he laughed and retrieved the cd...in memory of trees...said every time the store plays it...they sell out of cds!!!
its all about the music!!!

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
you put me in the mood for enya...never forget the first time i heard her...was in the discovery store on the river walk in new orleans...was playing on their pa system...i ask who was that...he laughed and retrieved the cd...in memory of trees...said every time the store plays it...they sell out of cds!!!
its all about the music!!!
i do like celtic music!!!

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I had a listen to Aes Dana just now, and they are far from traditional, but I admit that "Celtic" covers a huge range of music. This is my idea of traditional, and I have this album on LP, bought at a De Dannan concert in Kansas City years ago:

Lazarus Short

Tagline
Gene, since you are a fan of Enya, are you aware that she (and her sister, Marie Brennan, real name Maire Philomena Ni Bhraonain) used to sing in the band Clannad? They're very good - I have nine albums by them.

1676569781393.png