New Music and Music Genres

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
At the local Salvation Army store today, I found a CD called "WARM." It's an acronym of the last names of the four musicians on it, including Mike White who my wife used to work for as a secretary. Kansas City jazz at its best! It's a lovely recording too, at the thrift $1.99.

EDIT: I was cleaning some label goo off the jewelbox just now, and noticed that this was a GRAMMY NOMINEE!

Last edited:

Lazarus Short

Tagline
Years ago I bought an LP of the "Siena Pianoforte" - an old and very ornate piano...once owned by the King of Italy. The tone was wonderful. Rather than drag Barb downstairs to hear the LP, I looked it up on Ewetoob, and here it is. The photo at least, is better than the LP jacket.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
There were two references on FB today about the movie "Never Cry Wolf." I got involved with watching trailers of it and decided to watch it later. THEN I found the soundtrack on Ewetoob - here it is:

I heartily recommend the movie as well. If your heart doesn't swell within you at the end, there is something wrong with you...

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
There were two references on FB today about the movie "Never Cry Wolf." I got involved with watching trailers of it and decided to watch it later. THEN I found the soundtrack on Ewetoob - here it is:

I heartily recommend the movie as well. If your heart doesn't swell within you at the end, there is something wrong with you...
I recommend reading the book, it was even more interesting. The author Farley Mowat wrote some very good books.

Farley Mowat - Wikipedia

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I recommend reading the book, it was even more interesting. The author Farley Mowat wrote some very good books.

Farley Mowat - Wikipedia
I did read Barry Lopez's "Of Wolves and Men" years ago, but until the other day, I thought what Mowat wrote about wolves was fiction. Now I'm interested...

J!m

Tagline
BOT
New EP coming from Ringo. And check the last sentence out!

ringostarrmusic Today Ringo Starr announces his newest EP, cleverly-named 'EP3,' featuring four brand-new tracks with longtime collaborators Steve Lukather, Linda Perry, Dave Koz, José Antonio Rodriguez, and Bruce Sugar!
With Ringo's instantly-recognizable vocals, feel-good lyrics, and easy-breezy melodies, EP3 releases on September 16 to stream and download and listen to on CD, followed by cassette and vinyl coming this Fall.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I picked up my used copy of "Never Cry Wolf" today - it's highly readable, and Mowat has quite a low-key sense of humour, besides a gentle contempt of most scientists and bureaucrats. He's written more books than you can shake a stick at...