Nando

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I'm listening to it again. It is a mix. I had to order today from US Recording head cleaner and such. MCM has roller cleaner on sale 4.00 a bottle. Best head cleaner I have tried. Lasted 6 years.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I received Larry's mix tape, today, and a CD copy of the same tracks. I began playing the tape in my Nakamichi BX-150 soon after I got home from work, today. I would declare it would be a shame, Larry, if you decided to make this your last mix tape. I would love to continue trading a few more with you down the road. It is very nicely recorded onto a Blackwatch 2020 100 minute cassette. I love hearing what you like because there are a number of gems on this one with plenty of good blues/rock tunes, which I appreciate. And it's quiet without NR, too. I would have expected at least a hint of hiss between songs. Now, was this recorded with your Yamaha K-2000?

Nando.

Last edited:

speakerman1

Tagline
Yes and the 30.00 USB DAC going through the Creek. Ripped from CDs to wav through the LG 20X. I did no manipulation at all. I do like the K 2000. My 1200 is on loan. I tried to be diverse to go on a journey. I was at 125 min.s and had to cull. The CD was burned from my laptop to the LG. That playlist was on my laptop which built another laptop for my nephew. I hope the meta data is on it if you play it through WMP.

Last edited:

speakerman1

Tagline
This is the 4th time I have listened to Nando's tape. Every time I here different sounds. Just deoxed the speaker ends. Been chasing that problem for a while. We have a few of the same artist which is cool. As far as hiss. It is hard for me to hear. It is right at that range I can't hear. I have to crank to hear it. Now I can hear a dirty stylus. Thought I was going crazy. The B side speakers sounded weak. I have the Epos bi-wired. A lot of Dire I get bored with easy. I liked that song.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Larry: Unfortunately, the track information didn't appear on WMP when I loaded your CD. There are a few songs on your tape/CD I don't know who the group is, but would like to find out. The second track on Side A, which is your longest track, is one of my top picks on that side of the tape. If you could PM me, or post more information I would appreciate it. I'm probably going to be embarrassed to find out who the world-famous group is - progressive rock of the 70's?

I'm a sucker for live songs. Billy Joel sure did that one nicely. Nice pick!

Nando.

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Staff member
Thanks, Larry, I would never had suspected it was a newer release. Now to get me some.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
He is part of Porcupine Tree also. All the PT is on vinyl. Recording this see how it sounds off of you tube. I thought you might like it. On one PT LP the entire side is one song. I like listening to it because every time I hear something new. Never thought of it being prog. Just good complex music.Good wine music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3MpGBwGdVk

Last edited: