Nando

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Think I'll burn you a CD with a tape of the same. I'm perusing unknown territories of musical unknown destinations.Hard to pick music for someone else.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Thank you, Larry. I hope to be recording this evening, or next. I had recorded a tape for my "Deserted Island" mix for Geri, but I have decided to change four tracks from my original Master before I record onto cassette, again, for a tape for you and TH member ianC90.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
Nando
This will be the last tape I make. I will send you my best used tape. So hot it will blow your speakers. LOL If you can push it till it distorts then back off a smudge why have a tape who will take it and laugh.

speakerman1

Tagline
I was told how to do the USB DAC for a TT. Don't use it. Use a good phono stage and just do a straight input through the DAC. Little different with the vinyl. My thought of the day. Tubes Suck.

speakerman1

Tagline
Tubes Suck Nando thank you for giving me the honor of doing this. I guess I got bored of doing tapes. Me sitting hear wondering what all the nuances are. Here I sit in my hole of the world. I am very well protected in my world. My Dad would be in awe of the sound coming off a tape. I'm running 45 WPC of pure Brit Gold. My name was Jr. My Cousin's name was Jr. If there was one there was the other. Both of our families broke up at the same time. We were Brothers in every shape and form. Find an old walky talky and get a truck driver close. Always going to the woods. My last memory was him driving my Vega with me getting high in the back as him and the girls cranked the Kracos. Him laughing. Just two good ole country boys feeling their wheat. The kind when a pretty girl talked to you. You blushed. LOL We shared a part of life you can't share unless your going through it. He died in a car wreck while I was away. Knowing him he would be smiling now. A story as I listen to the Cali Guitar Trio play. Rick Wakeman, Yes, Parsons. Some good mood music for you.

speakerman1

Tagline
You want a play list. I'm recording it from a burned CD from ripped CDs. Sorry I like the Phoenix Blue Label. It makes a very good cost effective tape. You can run +8 all day.

speakerman1

Tagline
Blondie last tune. May have to redo this side. I hope it takes you a very well liked path of stimulation. I think you may go on a journey that won't be what I use to gave done. I do hope it invigorates your senses. Been so long I'm afraid I'll make a dud. Maybe it will sound like crap.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Larry: The Phoenix Blue is a tape I have some experience with, so I'm no stranger to know what to expect. So, you figure this will be the last mix tape you intend to record? That would be a downer, as I have heard a few of your recordings in various Travelling Tapes we have been involved in and I know that you do a great job. If you are like me, it takes you a long time to get your selections narrowed down to those you want to include and the tracks flowing in the right order. Your musical taste is like my own, so you have a good intuition of what I might like. But, I like to hear what you like, because you might open my ears to some songs and artists I am not familiar with.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
I have listened to it a few times. Don't know why the 1st or last songs. I'll record one more time.Some new I found 1st. I like long songs. I'll eat up some tape. 2nd song just a pretty good jam.Hi my name is Bob. I haven't hit the sets one time. I was getting stream almost to a tenth of a second of the CD messing around. This is a path few have followed. Can't never could. Little different range in this whole tape. Would think of a song and just play it. Fun music. Just a cool story.

speakerman1

Tagline
25 items 2.2 hours Lot of strange music appearing. Some old stuff. This list gets listened to a great deal. Going to make a test tape of just listening. I hate doing tapes. They take a lot of time. The amount of music going through my computer a day is crazy. 4 AM on a gray day. No mail for 2 days. Vinyl going to digital isn't going to be easy. I don't do pops well on a recording. There are some Euro labels that do have noise issues. Little Santana

speakerman1

Tagline
About the 5th recording on this tape. Will it be the last? Probably should of did my ritual before I tape. Sorry this K2000 kicks the KX580SE's butt. Luminol. Chateau St. Michelle winery. I like white wines. There are some good Idaho wineries also. A good pipe isn't hard to smoke. You should be able to keep it lit easier. From everything I have read Portland and Seattle have changed. Portland had some good Blues going on. Sunday nights was just people show up and play together. You never knew who would come jam. Seattle had some different small bars that would have people just show up. I got along well with native not Cali. trannys. Vancouver WA use to have the largest 4th fireworks west of the Mississippi. They collected money all year for it in jars at the stores. It lasted 45 min.s to an hour at the Fort. I was at the airport. Jerry was a race car driver.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Larry: What's your preference for Dolby, or none at all? I wouldn't worry much about any surface noise from recordings made from vinyl that make it to cassette. I don't use any form of noise elimination, digital or analog. My dbx 3BX does help a bit in that regard and I have used it sparingly when needed. If I like the song on vinyl enough to include it my track set, I do the best I can cleaning the record. My vinyl is in good to very good condition, but during those quieter passages, invariably there's a bit of noise.

Last night, I recorded a copy of "Deserted Island Mix 2014" for Ian (ianC90 of TH) and it's on its way to him. So, your copy is next. I can record it on a Phoenix Blue, if you like, but I will be keeping the peak recording levels below +3dB.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Got all the answers I need to begin recording, Larry. I should be able to start on it mid-week.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
On my B side 17 items 95 minutes. 1st and last song are great. They all have one thing in common. I like them. Larry's "Song Of The South" You know you gotta be a racist if that was the 1st movie you went to in a sit down theater. You know I never list them right. This I have on a list. I can get it if you want. I'll burn CDs also. All digital except the tape through a 35.00 USB DAC. Only one person on here twice. I like this version of this song by Santana. You will not be bored wondering what will be next. LOL

Elite-ist

Staff member
Thank you, Larry. PM on its way. I look forward to hearing your mix.

Nando.