Nakdoc sez "howdy all"

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
Man, Phoenix looks like the shiny black "Mako Shark" Stingray slot car I had in high school. can we change colors? [anyway I'm here to pontificate on the ultimate superiority of all things tape./color]

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Hey doc how is it going. Long time no see. I hope you enjoy yourself and maybe see some things you have never seen. I just posted some pics you may like.

Glad to have you here
Larry

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
It's nice to have you join our group, nakdoc. And it's always good to see a new member who has earned respect within the vintage audio community, such as yourself.

Nando.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
I suppose all of us want a "home". I'm here because I respect Larry and do not want to make some sort of statement by ignoring this group. Kissing up? Not really. My main concern is my time budget. I'm down to less than 5 minutes a week on AK. I have fun with this stuff and will always hang out with anyone else who enjoys audio.
A good customer who is upgrading at a rapid pace brought in a Scott 222C tube amp he just bought to go with his "under construction" Klipsch Jubilees. The thing had sat unplugged for years! I brought it up on the variac, and after about 15 minutes and a bit of control cleaning, we had music. With a CD source, not a trace of digititus! How nice is that? That is "home" for me.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
nakdoc said:
I suppose all of us want a "home". I'm here because I respect Larry and do not want to make some sort of statement by ignoring this group. Kissing up? Not really. My main concern is my time budget. I'm down to less than 5 minutes a week on AK. I have fun with this stuff and will always hang out with anyone else who enjoys audio.
A good customer who is upgrading at a rapid pace brought in a Scott 222C tube amp he just bought to go with his "under construction" Klipsch Jubilees. The thing had sat unplugged for years! I brought it up on the variac, and after about 15 minutes and a bit of control cleaning, we had music. With a CD source, not a trace of digititus! How nice is that? That is "home" for me.

Thank you Doc I respect you also. Did you get to my PL 770B mod post. I sent you an email; but we changed email servers so I didn't get your reply. I do need a 700B meter. I have one good one. Believe you me that PL will sing going through those Norman Labs. Glad you could join us. If there is any thing you need let us know.

Larry

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Perhaps, it's coincidental: today I picked up this gem, a five LP box set at the Salvation Army.

nakdoc: The Nashville Predators proved to be a worthy opponent against the Vancouver Canucks.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
OHmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Jubileeesohmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Jubilees oh my ......................oh my............ Jubliees oohhhhhh .....................

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
Jubilee is a made up product. These are Crites crossovers with the high end JBL driver (120dB at one watt or something stupid like that) We had to attenuate the horn 8dB over the stock setting. I'm serving as an unpaid consultant for Brad's system. Brad isn't happy with the ARC SP-6B I told him to buy. "Too noisy on the horns"

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
Elite-ist said:
Perhaps, it's coincidental: today I picked up this gem, a five LP box set at the Salvation Army.

nakdoc: The Nashville Predators proved to be a worthy opponent against the Vancouver Canucks.

Nando.
Well thank you Nando. The night after we lost I was rooting for Detroit, can you believe that?! After the first period, Vancouver knew exactly how to play the Preds. You hear less noise than in game 3 because most there in person knew we were powerless against Vancouver.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I've got a Spec 2 buffered by a Grant p-307 , pushing some Crites 1526S woofs with some B&C DCM 50 2" drivers in a Tractix horn and B&C dcm 10 tweets. Tri-amped through a Pioneer D-23, with a 700B on the bass bins and the buffered Spec on the mids and a Kenwood Ka 5002 on the tweets. When not in Tri-amp mode, x-overs are Al Klappenbergers "Universals"

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Al K's x-overs have an autotransformer for the mids with 15 or 16 different attenuation setting for the big horns, pretty nice.