My Pioneer SPEC 4 Power amp died last week....

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.
I thought i was going to have a quieter Christmas break as my favourite Power amplifier decided to have a fit ( relays ) and then no sound.... I have a back up amplifier which i quickly installed into my system ( Pioneer SA-9800 ) ...... But!

I am not a religious person, however i contacted my very overworked tech guy ( Peter Dolman ) who happens to live relatively close to me and asked him if he could take a peek when he had a moment. Now the religious element - If there was a saint of all things electrical, it should be Peter!

Less than a week after i lugged it to his workshop he called me and had traced the fault ( Dodgy resistor causing the protection circuit to kick in, there are 4 circuits apparently ) ...... I have it all plugged back in and sounding wonderful. And yes i did ask Peter to install some Blue LED lights behind the meters!

Christmas took a turn for the better! In fact Mrs PC paid for the repair for my present.......

Happy Mr PC And a massive thank you for all you tech guys that keep us up and running!

Attachments

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Shaun: That was quick action by the technician, you use for working on your audio gear. And I would bring him a bottle of good cheer as appreciation for his quick work. Good to hear the Spec 4 is up and running!

Nando.

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
There's much to be said for having a regular tech for your gear. Nakdoc pulled my fat out of the fire a couple of times over the years, for sure. And always with a good morning or afternoon's worth of stories to swap while I sat there and he worked.

Glad you're retired, Tom, but wish you weren't...

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
I'm without a shop but I still work in my secret underground lab. There is still room for you, although the lack of good heat (basement) makes visiting a bit rough. And I am much more productive in 1/2 the time. I'll finish a Nak 670ZX this week and maybe finish a Dragon before Christmas.

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I'm used to basements, Tom. Been listening to stereos in them for years now. I'll holler next time I head that way, which isn't often anymore. I'm out of the arts leadership business.

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.
Shaun: That was quick action by the technician, you use for working on your audio gear. And I would bring him a bottle of good cheer as appreciation for his quick work. Good to hear the Spec 4 is up and running!

Nando.
Don't worry - I have sent him something he will love!

It is still working ( Of course ) ....

@AngrySailor - I would be a very angry sailor if someone stole my RT-707 ..... Meltdown sailor more like.....

@ nakdoc - I would feel very at home in your basement, i work in an ex cold war bunker! In fact i would feel more at home because you have nice stuff no doubt in your basement, nothing nice in my bunker....apart from work related stuff