My Pioneer Rack and Everything in it Plus....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I have decided that there is no use keeping something I am not using.

1---Pioneer "The Rack" 2 wide, includes the turntable shelf and cabinet doors for the rack below the turntable shelf .
2---1--Spec 1 pre-amp. Restored to Echowars's specs by me in 2012, cosmetics, Immaculate.
3---2--Pioneer Spec 2's, one restored to Echowars' specs by me in 2012, 2nd one untouched with less than 100 hrs on it. Cosmetics, Immaculate.
4---1---RTU-11 Tape transport, Not many hours on it either. Comes with both 2022 and 4044 head blocs 3 spare NOS heads ( 1--4 channel playback, 2---2 channel playback), 1--JT-211 remote control. Beauty rings on tape transport control switches are off due to rubber retaining rings rotten as is the counter belt. Cosmetics-immaculate.
5---2--TAU-11 tape amplifier units. Includes both cables to hook to the TAU. Cosmetics-immaculate.
6---1--TX-9500 II Tuner. Low hours as the Spec 2, and RTU. Cosmetics-immaculate.
7---1--TX- 8500 II Tuner. Works fine, not as low houred as the rest. Cosmetics-Immaculate.
8---2--SG-9500's, One, low houred, the other bought new by me in 1975, works fine, cosmetics--Immaculate.
9---1--CT-F9191, low houred as the Spec 2, TAU, and 9500 II, cosmetics-Immaculate.
10--1--RG-2--Ebay item bought years ago and has the upgraded selector and on/off switches. Scratches on upper surface of faceplate from stacking.
11--1---SR-303, obtained from a PAC member, slight scratch on faceplate.
12--1---DT-500 Timer--, cosmetics--Immaculate.
13--1---D-23 4 way electronic crossover--e-bay item, works good. Slight dinging on top of faceplate due to stacking. Slight discoloration of level knobs, haven't tried to clean them up yet.
14--1---Teac --AN-300 4 track noise reduction unit.
All 10" and 7" tapes go too.. a spare rack tray, some rack blanks, and a rack slide drawer..

Price----------7500.00 for all.

Shipping---It goes without saying that individually packing and shipping this much stuff is going to cost a LOT. Pick up is preferred, HOWEVER, if you insist on shipping contact me and we will start the negotiating process.

I realize a lot of this size will not be a short and done deal. If you require me to wait 6-9 months before you can be here to pick it up, a small deposit will hold it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Nice! I don't know if Kelly (zkman2000) has all that stuff already but you might send him a message Lee. I think he has two racks of Pioneer stuff

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Ron, I was gonna leave this ad up for a week or so then post it on AK. I think I have to subscribe again on AK to post in Bartertown..you can spread the word if ya want...

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
All I can do is try not to drool. DAYUM.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Ron, I was gonna leave this ad up for a week or so then post it on AK. I think I have to subscribe again on AK to post in Bartertown..you can spread the word if ya want...
Yep, another $25 to get into B-town..... Lord help us. I dread going there.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Don't need braggin rights anymore...and that's all it is at this point...someone needs to use this stuff. I'm pretty close to where i want to be. A CD player upgrade and I'll be real close...

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I'd love to have a second DT-500 timer if you want to wait a month. The one I have is basically my alarm clock and I had a 550 in the living room once and a Sansui AT-20 prior to that.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
I hear ya Lee. Too much time worrying about finding the "perfect sound". I'm satisfied w/my system, not looking to improve. Ears are shot anyway.
Sometimes you just can't pass up a deal....only because of curiosity.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
I have to think there must be at least some reluctance on your part to let it go. Can’t fault your reasoning in any way but still, assembling a system like that was a significant accomplishment. It must have taken some time and money to put it all together. Would have certainly entitled you to bragging rights once upon a time and couldn’t blame you if that made you feel good. A pride in ownership kind of thing.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Lee: Amazing deal for someone who is close by. Sad to see all the Pioneer Spec gear go, but there's nothing wrong with whittling it down to your quintessential must-have components. If you want to sell the JT-211 remote control, separately, I am interested in it.

Nando.