My New Early Model PL400 w/ 4 Fin Heat Sink

punchback

Journeyman
The next step is done. Watts Abundant relay built and installed. :D Powered up on the DBT... Bright then dim and THEN a click of the relay after a few seconds. As soon as AC is cut the relay clicks off.

Attachments

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Yep, believe me I was a happy camper when mine did the same. If it were not for Lee I do not know if I would have ever gotten there. Same amp still up and running at least a year now.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
WOA board is built and ready to go. Any advice before I start cutting wires off of the current board?
From the above pic, I see you have a separate ground going to the RCA's. Get rid of that. Run the signal cables directly to the RCA's from the individual L/R input terminals and keep the shield grounds like you have them - tied together and soldered as shown with the ground lugs isolated from the chassis (I think I see the fiber washers behind 'em).

Nice job so far.. keep 'er up!

punchback

Journeyman
Drilled another mounting hole and used the existing lower mount. It seems like the board is kind of tight to the bottom of chassis? What do you think?

Also the TO92 transistor heat sinks touch the back of the meter. I could cut the stand off down by a 1/4" and maybe move the ring terminal on the back of the meter. Seems like there'd be room below the WOA board.

Attachments

punchback

Journeyman
Moving everything up an inch was the ticket for clearance but the input cables are short. I'll have to look for a replacement. Any suggestions? What's in there is a single conductor with a foil shield and drain wire. I think I might have some 1 pair with foil shield and drain wire at work.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Moving everything up an inch was the ticket for clearance but the input cables are short. I'll have to look for a replacement. Any suggestions? What's in there is a single conductor with a foil shield and drain wire. I think I might have some 1 pair with foil shield and drain wire at work.

That'll work..,..

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
I feel for you one of the most anxious moments of the build is the first time you put power to it....