My Marantz 2220b is cutting out on the right channel?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
In ye olden daze the headphone would cut off the speaker output when plugged in. If the speaker cuts out after removing the plug then the jack may be damaged/stuck partly.

The headphones are often driven from the preamp section IIRC.

orange

Tagline
Have no idea what a Usenet is ??
I keep wondering where Skippy comes from. There was a grumpy guy on a newsgroup who used to call me Skippy derogatorily.

orange

Tagline
Hey is the out put relay, the same as the speaker relay? I saw a video on you tube about cleaning the speaker relay with Deoxide. I was not able to get the speaker replay cover off. I will try to get the cover off again tomorrow.
Don't bother, it will probably do more harm than good, they are sealed for a reason, and I think you are on the right track with the headphone jack.

marcok

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I'm very curious about any tech item
Unfortunately there are no Main in and Pre out jacks , so you can't easily understand if the problem is related to preamp or
power amp .
At this point 3 suggestions :
a) touch the bords ( amp and preamp ) with a plastic pen in order to find the area where
there is the bad contact
b) short with a piece of wire L703 ( output relay )
c) a total resoldering of power amp could be fix the problem
Don't worry , they are normal issues due to age .
Last month I became crazy with my Tandberg TCD 320 .
The solution was the resoldering of the mother board .
Ciao
Marco

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I keep wondering where Skippy comes from. There was a grumpy guy on a newsgroup who used to call me Skippy derogatorily.
Enthusiastic Agreement : ) You will find that I do not make derogatory remarks about others on site. If I do not have something good to say, or helpful I keep my damn mouth shut...Unless kidding around that is...
1549974953187.png

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Enthusiastic Agreement : ) You will find that I do not make derogatory remarks about others on site. If I do not have something good to say, or helpful I keep my damn mouth shut...Unless kidding around that is...
View attachment 33627
K, That's good, Thanks.