My intro.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Welcome to this place Tiger. I told you it was a good place to be- some places are not exactly friendly like AK but I am finding out that the thinking of those in charge of other places like TH is also changing. They look to be getting too commercial- too many banner adds now.

marcok

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I'm very curious about any tech item
I have also have a Koss Esp9 ( powerered by a fet amp by A 207 R Pioneer ),
and a Sennheiser HD 414 .
ESP 9 has a design issue ( little hum ia AC position )
The solution is to replace the power supply , but it's too complicated .
Better to use SE position .
HD 414 is a good " measure instrument " . Due to its very high sensitity you
can hear every little issue such noise , buzz , hum and so on .
Good for perfect set up and good sound .
Ciao
Marco
http://www.changstar.com/www.changstar.com/index.php/topic,1491.0.html
This is a solution to reduce hum in Koss esp 9 .
How to find a 200+200 Vac transformer ?
It's only a curiosity :
Ciao
Marco

TigerTEAC

New Around These Parts
Welcome to this place Tiger. I told you it was a good place to be- some places are not exactly friendly like AK but I am finding out that the thinking of those in charge of other places like TH is also changing. They look to be getting too commercial- too many banner adds now.
I agree Mr. Palermo. Too much of a business.
Thanks,
Ryan

TigerTEAC

New Around These Parts
That's a great deck. Those suffix letters at the end of the model # make a big difference in performance. I assume you have to use a step-down transformer for its 100 V power input? I purchased a nice Sony DTC-1000ES DAT recorder, which is also a Japan-only version, requiring a step-down transformer. Got it for my birthday two weeks ago for $100.

Tee hee! I love AKG K240s1 Great headset!!!!

TigerTEAC

New Around These Parts
My dad had them before me, or I buy them off eBay, like my reel to reels. The Sony cassette deck was my dad's, bought brand new at a stereo shop in Auburn, Alabama in 1986 I think. He also had an Uher Royal De Luxe tape deck he got from a college student back in 1984, but he sold it because he didn't need it anymore. He sure did play that thing a lot! The buyer complained that the heads were worn after they bought it, but dad didn't know. I know this stuff from talking to Leo Horowitz out in Culver City, California, Terry Rosen out in Boise, Idaho, and Steve Hoffman in Los Angeles I think (all mastering engineers.)
Thanks,
Ryan

TigerTEAC

New Around These Parts
That's a great deck. Those suffix letters at the end of the model # make a big difference in performance. I assume you have to use a step-down transformer for its 100 V power input? I purchased a nice Sony DTC-1000ES DAT recorder, which is also a Japan-only version, requiring a step-down transformer. Got it for my birthday two weeks ago for $100.

I think it has a power switch on it that you can switch it to 100 V.