My intro.

Tagline
Retired
What machines do you have?
I only have Sony decks now, all 10" except for a TC-558. 2 ea. 755, 1 ea. 756, 2 ea. 758 auto reverse, 1 ea. 765, 1 ea. 766-2 Half track. I got rid of my two 580's, a long with all my Pioneer gear except an SX-1080 (completely rebuilt by Pacific Stereo). My Teac's R2R's 2 ea. A6300 & 2 ea. A4300 and a 2340 went to members on Tapeheads a long with a lot of the Pioneer equipment and a Marantz rack system plus some other miscellanist equipment.

I got hooked on R2R's in 1971 when a friend of mine was discharged from the army and he came home with 2 R2R.s, and I never looked back.

Ron

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Welcome aboard , Ryan !
Me , too I' m an analogue fanatic ( but also digital )
Ciao
Marco
I'm the one that harvests stuff off the hard drives of the old computers I find and I have a ton of media files and such from that...although finding Baby Beethoven and misogynistic rap on the same girls' computer is really strange (thank goodness her hubby's er FILMS, weren't readable).

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
A good compliment of system components, Ryan. Interesting to hear of your musical background. Best of luck with your musical project debut. Was your Sony deck a TC-K555ESJ? Most of my time is spent with cassette than any other format.

Nando.

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I removed the trim rings because there is a rubber o-ring retainer on each of the trim rings that deteriorates and causes the bezels to come loose. I have to find the proper size o-rings to retain the bezels and replace them all later on.

Nando.
Did you see the guy from Australia who has those o-rings? The name of his company is like Nagravox

Elite-ist

Staff member
No I haven't, but I will check it out. Thanks Perry.

Nando.

TigerTEAC

New Around These Parts
A good compliment of system components, Ryan. Interesting to hear of your musical background. Best of luck with your musical project debut. Was your Sony deck a TC-K555ESJ? Most of my time is spent with cassette than any other format.

Nando.
Hi there! Merry Christmas! Sorry I've been off here for a while. Yes, my deck is a TC-K555ESJ.
Thanks,
Ryan

Elite-ist

Staff member
That's a great deck. Those suffix letters at the end of the model # make a big difference in performance. I assume you have to use a step-down transformer for its 100 V power input? I purchased a nice Sony DTC-1000ES DAT recorder, which is also a Japan-only version, requiring a step-down transformer. Got it for my birthday two weeks ago for $100.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
That's a great deck. Those suffix letters at the end of the model # make a big difference in performance. I assume you have to use a step-down transformer for its 100 V power input? I purchased a nice Sony DTC-1000ES DAT recorder, which is also a Japan-only version, requiring a step-down transformer. Got it for my birthday two weeks ago for $100.
where-does-he-get-those-wonderful-toys.jpg

lol

marcok

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I'm very curious about any tech item

You too have the Akg 240 !!! Simpy magic !!!
Ciao
Marco

Elite-ist

Staff member
Yes, Marco, I have three pairs of the vintage 600 ohm, Made In Austria, K 240s. One pair are Sextett models. I have a modern version of the AKG K 240 MK II models, I use for my Walkmans.

Nando.

marcok

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I'm very curious about any tech item
I have also have a Koss Esp9 ( powerered by a fet amp by A 207 R Pioneer ),
and a Sennheiser HD 414 .
ESP 9 has a design issue ( little hum ia AC position )
The solution is to replace the power supply , but it's too complicated .
Better to use SE position .
HD 414 is a good " measure instrument " . Due to its very high sensitity you
can hear every little issue such noise , buzz , hum and so on .
Good for perfect set up and good sound .
Ciao
Marco